GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   first bloom (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/28176-first-bloom.html)

Larry Blanchard 22-05-2003 04:56 PM

first bloom

Got my first bloom yesterday. On Marie Bugnet, as usual.

Considering we had frost Monday, that's not bad. In fact I planted
tomatoes Tuesday and everybody told me I was jumping the gun :-).

--
To announce that there must be no criticism of the president or that we
are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic

Ol' Thornfinger 22-05-2003 05:08 PM

first bloom

Where the heck are you people, Alaska?
It's like walking into a sauna outside here (S. FL)

_thorn_

chelatna 22-05-2003 10:20 PM

first bloom

Ol' Thornfinger wrote:
Where the heck are you people, Alaska?
It's like walking into a sauna outside here (S. FL)

Well, yes. ;-) Some of us are, and we haven't had frost for nearly a
week so we're ahead of some of you! I sure would welcome a bit of your
weather to speed things up, though. All of my roses except a couple of
the new bareroots now have shoots and a leaf or two, but I'm still green
with envy every time I look at someone's pictures of blooms. I am not
very good at waiting!

Kim
Fairbanks, AK
Z1

Larry Blanchard 23-05-2003 04:32 PM

first bloom

In article ,
says...
Where the heck are you people, Alaska?
It's like walking into a sauna outside here (S. FL)

Spokane WA.

I used to travel to Ft.Lauderdale at least once a year on business. If I
left the A/C on high in my room for the entire stay, by the 3rd or 4th
day the heat/humidity was getting down to bearable :-).

Our TV weatherman announced yesterday we were likely to get some showers
because the humidity was unusually high - it was all the way up to 40%!

BTW, up here in the northwest it now gets light by 4AM and stays light
till 10PM - and still another month till the longest day :-).

Cass 26-05-2003 11:44 PM

first bloom

In article , Larry Blanchard
wrote:

In article ,
says...
Where the heck are you people, Alaska?
It's like walking into a sauna outside here (S. FL)

Spokane WA.

BTW, up here in the northwest it now gets light by 4AM and stays light
till 10PM - and still another month till the longest day :-).

Has May Queen bloomed yet? I saw it at the nursery, and the blooms seem
fragrant, but the prickles---ooooeee.