Old 23-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Brazil

Default Thirps

Hello All,

2 weeks ago I found that I had Black spot as well as Thrips on my 15 potted
roses. Went to the nursery and picked up some Orthanex. This has cleared
up the Black Spot, but my buds and blooms are still coming in deformed. Can
anyone help me with this problem.

BTW, it will be over 100 here in Las Vegas today! (Yeah, but it's a dry
heat).

Please reply to

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Thanks

Old 25-05-2003, 01:56 AM
Daniel Hanna

In Brazil wrote:
2 weeks ago I found that I had Black spot as well as Thrips on my 15
potted roses. Went to the nursery and picked up some Orthanex. This
has cleared up the Black Spot, but my buds and blooms are still coming
in deformed. Can anyone help me with this problem.

Steve, if Orthenex is a systemic insecticide then the thrips would
surely have been killed. However it won't undo the damage thrips would
have caused to your buds when they were still alive.

I'd suggest waiting a few weeks more and see how you go...