Old 26-05-2003, 05:08 PM
GamePlayer No. 1058

Default What do baby ladybugs look like?

For a week or two I had some strange bugs in my bathroom, they would
congregate on a wet towel left on the rack to dry.

They were black, with tiny illformed red spotches it seems. Since we had a
hoarde of ladybugs released by one of my neighbors, Im wondering if these
were in fact baby lady bugs?

They have not returned to the bathroom after than initial week or two, but
I've also noticed that the lady bugs have moved on to now that theres no
more aphids to eat in my garden.

Old 26-05-2003, 10:32 PM
Gail Futoran

"GamePlayer No. 1058" wrote in message
For a week or two I had some strange bugs in my bathroom,

they would
congregate on a wet towel left on the rack to dry.

They were black, with tiny illformed red spotches it

seems. Since we had a
hoarde of ladybugs released by one of my neighbors, Im

wondering if these
were in fact baby lady bugs?

They have not returned to the bathroom after than initial

week or two, but
I've also noticed that the lady bugs have moved on to now

that theres no
more aphids to eat in my garden.

Here's a site I found that has a good closeup
picture of a lady bug larvae. Do your bugs
look like this?

http://www.yougrowgirl.com/grow/bugs_aphid_ladybug2.php

Gail
San Antonio TX

Old 26-05-2003, 11:08 PM
Unique Too

"GamePlayer No. 1058" writes:

They were black, with tiny illformed red spotches it seems. Since we had a
hoarde of ladybugs released by one of my neighbors, Im wondering if these
were in fact baby lady bugs?

You can see photos of Ladybug larvae at these locations:

http://www.umaine.edu/umext/cranberr...ybugLarvae.htm
www.celticbug.com/LadybugLore/ Larvae.jpg
www.geocities.com/hibiscusred/ bug/ladybuglarv.jpg

Julie
Old 27-05-2003, 03:44 AM
Shiva

They are longer than adults, black and green. Really cool looking,
like little dragons.

2 baby koi, 1 baby plant ~ janj Ponds 6 14-05-2006 12:42 AM
Neem oil and ladybugs JimS. Roses 1 02-06-2003 06:44 AM
DONT ever buy ladybugs!! Tomatolord North Carolina 0 17-05-2003 02:08 AM
Ladybugs for Mealie control Gene Schurg Orchids 24 01-04-2003 05:08 PM
funny you should mention that... Ladybugs for Mealie control Prem Subrahmanyam Orchids 1 30-03-2003 04:56 AM