Old 30-05-2003, 01:32 AM
torgo

Default and still yet another batch of new roses...

Louise Odier, Kent, Cherry Parfait, Ballerina, Tamora, Stainless
Steel, The Dark Lady, Crowd Pleaser, Glamis Castle, Party Time,
Signature, The Herbalist, Frederic Mistral, Redoute, Larry Daniels,
The Squire and Outta The Blue are all either sitting in pots on my
driveway or will arrive early next week.

Obviously I lack will power to resist clearance sales. I love finding
otherwise unwanted treasures (can you believe a 3-gal container of The
Squire was sitting at a garden shop, unloved and marked down to $5?)
but it's getting a bit out of hand.

I still haven't even finished planting the last batch of bare roots -
Margaret Merrill and Liebeszauber finally went into the ground today,
and Tumbling Waters, Starry Night, two minis and an extra Veterans
Honor are still soaking. It will be interesting to see how they do -
theoretically it's, oh, just a wee bit late for planting bare roots
here in Zone 7.

Some extras and underachievers will have to go to make room for the
new arrivals. A few duplicates will go to a neighbor, and the divas
and underachievers will be banished to an untended "spare" bed in the
backyard to fend for themselves - my version of shovel pruning.

Still yet another "cheap" source of plants Roy Ponds 10 19-08-2004 05:24 AM
Still yet another "cheap" source of plants Roy Ponds 0 13-08-2004 04:05 PM
still another batch of roses torgo Roses 26 08-04-2003 04:56 PM
Another Batch of Roses Cass Roses 24 20-03-2003 03:32 AM
Frogs... the new batch Darren Jackson Ponds 6 26-02-2003 03:15 PM