GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hortico Nurseries (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/31794-re-hortico-nurseries.html)

lms 13-06-2003 07:36 PM

Hortico Nurseries

In article 3ee73aff$0$8121$afc38c87@, lid says...

Has anyone here done business with Hortico Nurseries Inc. in Waterdown,
Ontario, Canada? If so, were you satisfied with them? Any comments are
welcome.

never ordered from them Henry. ever since I've been doing roses on rgr people
have been complaining about almost everything imaginable concerning roses with
them, although none lately around here. wrong plants, wrong plants, wrong
plants. and I didn't like them ripping off Sam McGredy's rose and renaming it
the year after he
introduced it, and paying no royalties, although up in Canada this is perfectly
legal. not only this, I remember they had some totally ridiculous shipping
policy.
and this is the honest trut, I actually benefitted once from a little
experiment, quite costly actually, to see what they were selling as what.
Like I chose a few roses from the deal, after the fact, they flunked, and I, of
course, wasn't supposed to tell anybody, which I have never really had occasion
to. They were mixed in with some other roses which weren't parta this thing,
so I don't remember which were which.
hahahaha. I can't keep track of their roses either.

fm

Henry 14-06-2003 04:20 PM

Hortico Nurseries

lms wrote:
In article 3ee73aff$0$8121$afc38c87@, lid says...

Has anyone here done business with Hortico Nurseries Inc. in Waterdown,
Ontario, Canada? If so, were you satisfied with them? Any comments are
welcome.

never ordered from them Henry. ever since I've been doing roses on rgr people
have been complaining about almost everything imaginable concerning roses with
them, although none lately around here. wrong plants, wrong plants, wrong
plants. and I didn't like them ripping off Sam McGredy's rose and renaming it
the year after he introduced it, and paying no royalties, although up in
Canada this is perfectly legal.

If no less ethical. Thanks for the info. I'll look elsewhere. My old
boss (president of a retail franchise) used to say that a happy customer
will tell a friend but an unhappy customer will tell a dozen friends.
Maybe with USENET, that should be a dozen million.

--
Henry