Old 14-06-2003, 02:44 AM
Caterbro

Default Durediluvian

I kid you not, i can poke a hole in the garden and watch the water fill in.

my poor babys are so wet i actually saw new leaves curled up and sodden.

at least, the bugs are absent.

must have overdid it on the rain god last year.

if somebody doesn't bloom soon, i am going to cry.

Carl- in Mass.

Old 14-06-2003, 03:20 AM
Radika Kesavan

Caterbro wrote:

if somebody doesn't bloom soon, i am going to cry.

Carl- in Mass.

Oh, Carl. I wish you luck. There is hope just around the corner, I am
sure. I don't know where in Mass you are, but my friend who lives in
Boston writes to say that her Zephirine Drouhin is doing beautifully,
and that the buds are just beginning to open. So, you may be OK really soon!

--
Radika
California

Old 15-06-2003, 07:08 AM
Caterbro

Radika Kesavan wrote in :

if somebody doesn't bloom soon, i am going to cry.

Carl- in Mass.

Oh, Carl. I wish you luck. There is hope just around the corner, I am
sure. I don't know where in Mass you are, but my friend who lives in
Boston writes to say that her Zephirine Drouhin is doing beautifully,
and that the buds are just beginning to open. So, you may be OK really soon!

city dwellers have all that drainage and stuff

anyway, ask and ye shall recieve, it seems- my first bloom this morning- sopping
wet but still beautiful!

pics:

http://pbase.com/caterbro/roses

--
Radika
California

Old 16-06-2003, 03:44 AM
Radika Kesavan

Caterbro wrote:
Radika Kesavan wrote in :

I don't know where in Mass you are, but my friend who lives in
Boston writes to say that her Zephirine Drouhin is doing beautifully,
and that the buds are just beginning to open. So, you may be OK really soon!

city dwellers have all that drainage and stuff

True, there are some "joys" reserved for country-dwellers, true.

anyway, ask and ye shall recieve, it seems- my first bloom this morning- sopping
wet but still beautiful!

pics:

http://pbase.com/caterbro/roses

And it is a red rose too! How delightful. What rose is it, Carl, that
gave you the first bloom of the season?

--
Radika
California

Old 16-06-2003, 04:32 AM
Caterbro

Radika Kesavan wrote in :

anyway, ask and ye shall recieve, it seems- my first bloom this morning- sopping
wet but still beautiful!

pics:

http://pbase.com/caterbro/roses

And it is a red rose too! How delightful. What rose is it, Carl, that
gave you the first bloom of the season?

good lord, I have NO idea I know they're minis- the bushes only get
2-3 ft high- i inherited 75% of my roses from the previous steward.

scent is light and refreshing- the bloom is strong and the buds are tight
and plump. that's all i know

but they are awful pretty...

we had sun today- i'm scared.... what is that burning globe?

carl

--
Radika
California