GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mr Lincoln's Look Tired. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/33480-mr-lincolns-look-tired.html)

Tom Line 22-06-2003 03:20 AM

Mr Lincoln's Look Tired.

My Mr Lincoln roses look "tired". The leaf is fine, there's a few redish
tip shoots, but not much else going on? Is this some paticular issues to
address in growing Mr Lincoln's???

--

Tom Line

dave weil 22-06-2003 08:42 AM

Mr Lincoln's Look Tired.

On 21 Jun 2003 22:12:09 -0400, Tom Line
wrote:

My Mr Lincoln roses look "tired". The leaf is fine, there's a few redish
tip shoots, but not much else going on? Is this some paticular issues to
address in growing Mr Lincoln's???

I can only speak to myroughly one month experience with Mr. Lincoln,
but I can say that mine is resting after throwing several nice bloom
right after transplant. Hasn't done "anything" in about 2 weeks.

Well, nothing other than throwing new red growth g.

My point is that if you have "reddish tip shoots", you're in good
shape. No worries.

This would be my guess...

Be patient, grasshopper...

Jack 24-06-2003 06:20 PM

Mr Lincoln's Look Tired.

I've always thought the Lincoln is a nicely fragrant rose that looks like
hell most of the time. All of a sudden it shoots new growth. Don't worry
it will grow into a very ugly plant in no time.