Old 30-06-2003, 05:20 PM
dave weil

Default Ballerina

I didn't think I'd be adding any more pink to my yeard, but I was at a
"half-price" sale and saw this really bushy J&P Ballerina for $12.
After I read the description, I thought that this might work well on
the back side of the dying crabapple tree in concert with the the two
Don Juans. So I bought the damn thing.

And, in the "good news" category, I was just given a second row center
ticket to The Dead/Bob Dylan in St. Louis on Wed. I'm sooooo there. I
just saw Dylan about a month and a half ago in a little club, so it
will be cool to see him on an outdoor stage.

St Louie, here I come...
Old 30-06-2003, 06:08 PM
Theo Asir

Ah well!

I just had to rescue a
JP Penelope yesterday.
It was surrounded by the
sorriest bunch of diseased rosess
you ever saw. Penelope
was resisting the BS as best as possible.

Seems to be own root too.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

Old 01-07-2003, 12:20 AM
Tim Tompkins

I have had a Ballerina in my garden for 4 years, it is one of the best roses
I have ever grown.

It is considered somewhat delicate in my zone 5 climate, mine is protected
from the north by the house and recieves full south sun during the growing
season. It just gets bigger each year.

I highly recommend this variety to anyone looking for a good garden
performer. I also exhibit it in the 'shrub' category at ARS shows and it
almost always gets a blue ribbon. 'Shrubs' is a tough class, there are so
many varieties that fall in this category, Ballerina always gets positive
comments.

Tim