Old 09-07-2003, 12:16 AM
Susan H. Simko

Default Preview of 2003 USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map

Quite interesting.

http://www.ahs.org/publications/usda...s_zone_map.htm

Susan
shsimko at duke dot edu

Old 09-07-2003, 12:30 AM
dave weil

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 14:54:20 -0400, "Susan H. Simko"
wrote:

Quite interesting.

http://www.ahs.org/publications/usda...s_zone_map.htm

Susan
shsimko at duke dot edu

Nashville's being promoted to Zone 7!

Let's hear it for global warming!

Oh yeah, sympathies to John on Mother Nature's pruning. Glad that you
guys came through the storm OK though.

Right now, we're a little bloom shy here, but Felicia is blooming like
a madman, especially since I've put the brakes on the beetles. Here's
a pic, including a bit of visible previous damage:

http://mywpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/Felicia.jpg

The Sevin is keeping them at bay once again, I'm glad to say...
Old 09-07-2003, 06:20 PM
Theo Asir

Yay!

Kansas City is now a solid
Zone 6. Yay! Johnson County!

Now all I have to do is tell my
backyard thermometer to stop
measuring all those -18F temps
it measures.

And Momma Nature better cooperate too.

I'm beginning to like this global
warming thing too. Lower gas bills.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

Old 09-07-2003, 10:54 PM
Anne Lurie

Hey, if I read the map correctly (it has state & county overlays), Raleigh
is now Zone 8/Moss according to the legend (thank goodness for Acrobat
Reader's magnifying glass!)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

Old 09-07-2003, 11:09 PM
Susan H. Simko

Anne Lurie wrote:
Hey, if I read the map correctly (it has state & county overlays), Raleigh
is now Zone 8/Moss according to the legend (thank goodness for Acrobat
Reader's magnifying glass!)

I think "will be zone 8" is more accurate. I still haven't got a clue
as to when the new zone map will begin to be used.

I understand the change but in some ways, it feels like it will be more
confusing for the average, casual gardener.

Susan
shsimko at duke dot edu
soon to be zone 8 also

USDA zone map for UK - for comparison of climate, where to find? slugbug United Kingdom 33 12-01-2006 08:48 AM
updated USDA zone map Nina Bonsai 0 11-01-2006 08:12 PM
USDA Hardiness Zone for Zip 99516 David J Bockman Gardening 7 18-06-2003 11:32 AM
[IBC] BONSAI Digest - 15 May 2003 to 16 May 2003 (#2003-137) Jim Stone Bonsai 1 18-05-2003 09:08 PM
Online Preview of Revised Plant Hardiness Zone Map Bob Batson Gardening 12 14-05-2003 07:56 PM