Old 11-07-2003, 03:08 AM
elfa

Default Attn: Allegra re your anti-deer concoction

Well...I followed your instructions and made the concoction. I sprayed the
roses in the front yard tonight so we'll see if it works.

Question: The mixture that's in the gallon container seems to settle after a
while. Is that supposed to happen? It looks like the mixture I made up with
the eggs etc separates from the water that I added to the gallon jug. Also, is
the mixture supposed to be a light yellow color. It would seem so since the
recipe calls for eggs.

BTW, the smell wasn't so bad. No rotten eggg smell and the garlic smell was
tolerable. Makes me wonder if I did it right.

thanks

elfa

Old 11-07-2003, 04:17 AM
dave weil

On 10 Jul 2003 18:45:28 -0700, elfa wrote:

Well...I followed your instructions and made the concoction. I sprayed the
roses in the front yard tonight so we'll see if it works.

Question: The mixture that's in the gallon container seems to settle after a
while. Is that supposed to happen? It looks like the mixture I made up with
the eggs etc separates from the water that I added to the gallon jug. Also, is
the mixture supposed to be a light yellow color. It would seem so since the
recipe calls for eggs.

BTW, the smell wasn't so bad. No rotten eggg smell and the garlic smell was
tolerable. Makes me wonder if I did it right.

You just made your deer an omelet.

chuckle

Old 11-07-2003, 07:20 AM
Allegra

"dave weil" wrote in message
You just made your deer an omelet.

chuckle

Indeed. But one they wouldn't touch ;)

Allegra

Old 11-07-2003, 07:20 AM
Allegra

Default Allegra re your anti-deer concoction

"elfa" wrote in message

Hi elfa,

you did right. It is pale yellow and does not smell
bad if you happen to like garlic, which we love.
Once someone said that I put garlic on everything
and my reply was that they hadn't tasted anything
until they tasted my garlic cake, with garlic ice cream
and chocolate covered garlic.

Did you know that the French call garlic the stinky
rose? Anyway, shake the sprayer once in a while when
you are spraying. It does settle, of course and if it rains
today or tomorrow apply it again. Otherwise you can
wait for 4 weeks before applying it again. You shouldn't
have any problems with raccoons or rabbits either. I
didn't know that but I gave the recipe to a fellow from
another forum, he used it in Texas and neither the raccoons
nor the rabbits have visited the roses. And I quote:

"Bambi has been thoroughly discouraged by the application of the
putrescent egg/Tabasco/garlic mixture. Don't take a whiff of that
unholy melange in the morning before you've had your coffee. Or
afterward, for that matter."

It appears that the combination of Tabasco and garlic
is not quite up there for those gourmet beasts! And by the
way, the recipe is nearly identical to DeerOff and Liquid
Fence.

The difference? about $39.00 ;)

Allegra

Anti Oxidant & Anti Ulcer from Mango Ginger [email protected] Plant Science 0 16-03-2006 02:56 PM
nasty prickly anti cat anti burglar hedges PhilBoy United Kingdom 35 03-02-2005 11:46 AM
Attn: Allegra elfa Roses 1 15-07-2003 08:25 PM
Attn: Allegra No rose pictures for Shiva elfa Roses 1 09-07-2003 07:32 PM
ATT: Allegra - Cherokee Rose Mike Roses 4 11-04-2003 06:08 AM