Old 14-07-2003, 06:32 PM
dave weil

Default As promised, Sweet Briar Rose as of yesterday

Here are the shots I promised. I overcontrasted them so that you can
pick out the plant easier.

The vertical cane in the second shot (the one just right of center) is
the 8 foot tall one that I discussed yesterday. The others are almost
the same height. The round top of the bush is almost 7 feet tall.
After this season, I expect it to be around 7 1/2 feet to 8 feet tall.

Note that I've pruned a bit underneath, esepcially on the left hand
side of the plant.

http://mywpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/SweetBriarNow.jpg

http://mywpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/SweetBriarNow1.jpg
Old 14-07-2003, 06:32 PM
dave weil

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:19:38 -0500, dave weil
wrote:

Here are the shots I promised. I overcontrasted them so that you can
pick out the plant easier.

The vertical cane in the second shot (the one just right of center) is
the 8 foot tall one that I discussed yesterday. The others are almost
the same height. The round top of the bush is almost 7 feet tall.
After this season, I expect it to be around 7 1/2 feet to 8 feet tall.

Note that I've pruned a bit underneath, esepcially on the left hand
side of the plant.

http://mywpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/SweetBriarNow.jpg

http://mywpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/SweetBriarNow1.jpg

PS, if you go back and compare the first shot of the blooming plant,
with the shot of the current bush, you'll see some evidence of the
defoliation that I discussed. If you look at some of the bottom canes,
you'll see that they're bare. Since they are fairly spindly as well,
they will probably be lopped off before fall...