Old 15-07-2003, 03:54 PM
Mark. Gooley

Default voles (was Let's Talk About Mulch)

"Shiva" wrote:

For the voles, I don't know. Maybe a layer of permatil on TOP too,
just under the last layer of soil?

For my veggie garden I got one of those German made anodized
aluminum tubes with one pointy end and a plastic screw-on cap on
the other end, containing a holder for 4 "D" cells and a wee motor
that drives a buzzer/vibrator gadget for a few seconds every 30
seconds. It seems to stop things burrowing in or near it: the garden
patch is full of burrows and holes without it, but new ones stop
showing up after I put in fresh batteries and put it into the dirt.

I don't know about voles: I have a huge colony of them a couple hundred
yards from my roses (I have 36 acres) and whenever I run the bush
hog over it, hundreds swarm out of their vole holes; they have not
discovered my roses yet or my veggie garden and I don't know whether
this German gadget would deter them. It's about $30, and various places
sell it, e.g. Jerry Baker's catalog/web site.

Mark.

let's talk around the strange drawers, but don't fill the filthy frogs [email protected] United Kingdom 0 23-07-2005 01:06 PM
Let's talk about Koizyme FBCS Ponds 8 07-10-2003 05:32 PM
Let's talk about Koizyme FBCS Ponds 0 28-09-2003 01:25 AM
Let's Talk About Mulch Shiva Roses 20 19-07-2003 04:12 AM
voles (was Let's Talk About Mulch) Mark. Gooley Roses 0 15-07-2003 03:55 PM