Old 17-07-2003, 12:39 AM
Theo Asir

Default Country Lane Site down :-(

Anyone else notice that the Country lane
site seems to be permanently down.

It was my favorite reference source for
growth performance of most popular
roses from every type.

Sigh! The Ephemeral web strikes again.

Does anyone have this site archived by any chance?

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

Old 21-07-2003, 09:14 PM
Theo Asir

Aha!

They just put up a notice saying
its is "..down for extensive updates & repairs..."

http://www.country-lane.com/yr/

Whew! that was a close call.
Need to archive more of my favorite sites.
The loss of this kind of info devastating.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
. com...
Theo,

The website for Country Lane Gardens seems to be defunct, but among the
listings I turned up while Googling was a "bricks & mortar" address &

phone
number:

Country Lane Gardens Ltd.
4407 NE 41st Street, Seattle, WA 98105

Phone: (206) 525-0176
E-mail:

You might try giving them a call to see what's up. Also, keep in mind

that
the problem might be with their site's web-host. I say this only because

it
took me months to realize that the the webhost for my husband's website

had
apparently gone belly-up! (Fortunately, our livelihood does not depend on
this website, but we received no notice from Ntr-net; we only figured it

out
when I eventually realized that the monthly charge for hosting the website
had disappeared.)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC
Zone 7b or 8, depending on the date!