Old 21-07-2003, 06:28 AM
mike

Default new with roses

Hello we have just purchased 5 rose bushes and was wondering if anyone might
know if pool water would hurt them if they came in contact.Reason being the
place that they would work out perfectly is somewhat close to our pool and
may occasionally get some splash .I just don't want to loose these bushes.
thank you

Old 21-07-2003, 06:32 PM
Cass

In article , mike
wrote:

Hello we have just purchased 5 rose bushes and was wondering if anyone might
know if pool water would hurt them if they came in contact.Reason being the
place that they would work out perfectly is somewhat close to our pool and
may occasionally get some splash .I just don't want to loose these bushes.

An occasional splash won't hurt, but most pool water has the pH
adjusted fairly high. Your roses prefer an environment with an acidic
pH. Aren't you concerned about your roses' prickles stabbing people
near the pool?
Old 21-07-2003, 10:13 PM
Anne Lurie

Well,

If you have a group of teenage boys "cannon-balling" into the pool &
splashing water *everywhere* (as I recall!), you might hose down the roses
if they get splashed too much.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC