GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   everbloom roses, need to prune after flowering (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/38598-everbloom-roses-need-prune-after-flowering.html)

Todd 28-07-2003 05:42 PM

everbloom roses, need to prune after flowering

I have some low growing (3ft) rose bushes, they explode with flowers
in june, then flower sporadically for the rest of the summer. They
never get as many as in june, should i be cutting off the branches
after all flowers are spent. There are a lot of branches, each one
has a cluster of maybe 20 individual flowers.

I know they are 'everbloom', beyond that I don't recall the name. Im
in Massachusetts.

Thanks,
TL

Cass 28-07-2003 07:02 PM

everbloom roses, need to prune after flowering

In article , Todd
wrote:

I have some low growing (3ft) rose bushes, they explode with flowers
in june, then flower sporadically for the rest of the summer. They
never get as many as in june, should i be cutting off the branches
after all flowers are spent. There are a lot of branches, each one
has a cluster of maybe 20 individual flowers.

I know they are 'everbloom', beyond that I don't recall the name. Im
in Massachusetts.

Maybe the set hips after the first flush. Hips will suppress rebloom in
some roses. So try shearing off the spent bloom.