Old 05-08-2003, 11:22 PM
R R

Default Gardening - test

This is only a test..........

Remo Rosati, author
DIVINE INTERVENTION

Old 06-08-2003, 12:12 AM
David Hill

you get 5 out of 5

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries
www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk

Old 06-08-2003, 01:22 AM
Warren

R R wrote:
This is only a test..........

Remo Rosati, author
DIVINE INTERVENTION

Sorry, Remo. You fail.

Over 400 groups with "test" in their names on a typical newsfeed, and
you managed to crosspost into 5 groups that don't even have a "t", let
along "test" in their names.

Say... Aren't you the guy who tried making an advertisement for a
romance novel appear to be an on-topic post by saying something insipid
that could have been on-topic if it were in the right context? You
failed then, too.

Usenet was not invented for you to make these posts any more than the
telephone poles was invented to hold your "Loose 40 Pounds, Ask Me
How..." signs.

Sorry. I don't usually respond to trolls like RR, but I'm just in that
kind of mood today.

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.

Old 06-08-2003, 08:02 AM
JennyC

"Warren" wrote

Sorry. I don't usually respond to trolls like RR, but I'm just in

that
kind of mood today.
Warren H.

Funny isn't it how you can ignore something for ages and ages then
suddenly can't NOT anymore :~))

It's a bit the same with pruning..............you think :
"That plant/shrub/tree is a bit out of control but I can ignore
it....."
Then suddenly one morning you think "NO, I MUST prune it now !"

Jenny (back OT)

Old 06-08-2003, 09:22 AM
Rusty Hinge

The message
from "JennyC" contains these words:
"Warren" wrote

Sorry. I don't usually respond to trolls like RR, but I'm just in

that
kind of mood today.
Warren H.

Funny isn't it how you can ignore something for ages and ages then
suddenly can't NOT anymore :~))

It's a bit the same with pruning..............you think :
"That plant/shrub/tree is a bit out of control but I can ignore
it....."
Then suddenly one morning you think "NO, I MUST prune it now !"

Hum. Pruning spammers and trolls? On which parts shall we begin?

--
Rusty
This space scribbled in in case someone nicks it before I find a decent sig.

Old 06-08-2003, 09:22 AM
JennyC

"Rusty Hinge" wrote .
contains these words:

Hum. Pruning spammers and trolls? On which parts shall we begin?
Rusty

Oh certainly a flame thrower on the trolls methinks :~)
Jenny

Old 07-08-2003, 01:32 AM
Essjay001

Heather wrote:
Ok - PMFBS - but what is a troll?????

A troll only posts to annoy/argue and in general be a pain in the bum. You
should not respond to as troll because he/she is fed by your replies, but,
often the temptation is to great to resist

Someone here will tell you the technicalities but that it in "simple"

Now, PMFBS?

Steve R
--
"Latest gear:- One piece one button suit extremely comfortable, perfect
for Relaxation, Sports, Hiking, Swimming, a must have" OOPS sorry you

Old 07-08-2003, 01:42 AM
Warren

Heather wrote:
what is a troll?????

A troll is someone who posts something outrageous just to watch people
get riled-up. Sometimes a troll will do a little flaming (attacking the
person, not the ideas) just to watch everyone else start to get
personality issues and the real issue confused to the point that threads
will go down several layers with no real substance. Trolls cast a wide
net, and try to upset as many people as possible.

"Don't feed the trolls," essentially means you should ignore the troll,
and not get caught in his net.

The origin is the trolling that a fisherman does. Essentially we're
talking about casting a wide net, and seeing what we can catch.

Of course it's also fun to picture the troll as a evil little elf.

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.

Old 07-08-2003, 04:02 AM
Cybe R. Wizard

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 02:35:15 +0100
"anne" wrote:

Are gnomes related to trolls?

No, GNOME is a desktop program for Linux. ;-]

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Unofficial "Wizard of Odds," A.H.P.
Original PORG "Water Wizard," R.P.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:02 AM
Franz Heymann

"anne" wrote in message
Are gnomes related to trolls?

No, but top-posters are.

[Franz Heymann]

Old 07-08-2003, 11:32 AM
Ophelia

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"anne" wrote in message
Are gnomes related to trolls?

No, but top-posters are.

[Franz Heymann]

For heavens sake give it a rest. Do you know how boring you are being.

Oh never mind *PLONK*

Old 07-08-2003, 04:42 PM
Franz Heymann

"anne" wrote in message
Are gnomes related to trolls?

No, but top-posters are.

[Franz Heymann]

For heavens sake give it a rest. Do you know how boring you are being.

Not nearly as boring as seeing continued top posting.
If you think it boring to remind others of good manners, then so be it.

Oh never mind *PLONK*

I bet you did not plonk me.

[Franz Heymann]