Old 09-09-2003, 08:02 PM
Shiva

Default OT Squirrels Flipping Out

Charles Perry wrote:

The only good tree rat is a dead tree rat.

Regards,

Charles

Don't mince words, Charles, tell us how you really feel! G

I think they're fun to watch. I might feel differently if
they bothered my roses.

--
Charles Perry
Reply to:

** A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand **

Old 09-09-2003, 08:02 PM
Shiva

Lar wrote:

You can probably have luck protecting your squirrels by
placing bait blocks for rats inside heavy plastic bait
stations that will secure the bait inside instead of
loose bait to be dug up. I have plenty of customers who
wish the squirrels would feed on the rat bait.

Thanks for the tip, Lar, but the poison route is not for me.
Can't say I didn't try it--I did--but even if I could confine
it to the voles I think there's something sucky about having
to kill little furry things in order to grow roses. Perhaps
if they would just *disappear* instead of laying around rotting
or waiting for me to dispose of them ... I just got really tired
of dealing with dead creatures on a daily basis. A cat would be
ideal, except for the fact that some nearby streets are really
busy, so no outdoor cats here.

--

http://home.comcast.net/~larflu/bait.jpg

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

Old 09-09-2003, 08:02 PM
Shiva

Susan H. Simko wrote:

I saw this behaviour when I was in Washington DC a few weeks ago. The
squirrels were doing this after a massive dose of chocolate. My aunt
and I were feeding two squirrels chunks of chocolate brownie.

OMG! Chocolate! Wasted on Squirrels? What were you thinking? G

Suqirrels in our yard don't stay there long enough to exhibit this kind
of behaviour.

Well this sounds just mysterious and sinister to make me ask

"Why don't they stay around there very long?"

Susan
shsimko at duke dot edu

Old 09-09-2003, 11:10 PM
Salty Thumb

"Shiva" wrote in
news:aHlwYXRpYQ==.0cf3886099c448caea2d1fb7b762d58e @1063133252.cotse.net:

Lar wrote:

You can probably have luck protecting your squirrels by
placing bait blocks for rats inside heavy plastic bait
stations that will secure the bait inside instead of
loose bait to be dug up. I have plenty of customers who wish the
squirrels would feed on the rat bait.

Thanks for the tip, Lar, but the poison route is not for me.
Can't say I didn't try it--I did--but even if I could confine
it to the voles I think there's something sucky about having
to kill little furry things in order to grow roses. Perhaps
if they would just *disappear* instead of laying around rotting
or waiting for me to dispose of them ... I just got really tired
of dealing with dead creatures on a daily basis. A cat would be
ideal, except for the fact that some nearby streets are really
busy, so no outdoor cats here.

Have you tried exploiting the squirrels? Like videotape them and send it
to "America's Funniest (Home) Videos". Or you probably could make more
money by wrapping one in aluminum foil, give it a plastic fork, videotape
it and send to Fox's "When Animals Attack!".
Old 10-09-2003, 02:44 AM
Charles Perry

Shiva wrote:

I think they're fun to watch. I might feel differently if
they bothered my roses.

The current crop of aboreal rodents do more damage to my roses
climbing on the fence than the lawn rats did this spring to the
ground hugging shrubs. They love to bite off the flower buds
before they open.

They also torment my cat who has, as a consequence, declared
herself to be a pacifist and a vegetarian in a pitiful attempt to
explain why she alows rodents in her yard.

Regards,

Charles

Old 10-09-2003, 03:07 AM
Unique Too

Gee, gone for a few days and look at all I missed. When I've stopped laughing
long enough, I'll be able to post again. Funniest thread I've seen in a long
time!

Julie
Old 10-09-2003, 03:02 PM
zebrin

(heidi,dave,scott etc.)
HAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHA toooooooo funny

; - )
Thanks,

Zebrin

dave weil wrote in message . ..
On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 01:09:29 -0400 (EDT), "Shiva"
wrote:

SCOTT BRADY wrote:

My wife does the same thing two or three times each summer. Usually a few
good shots from the hose will get her to stop.

Well, good for you, but there's no way I'm hosing my squirrels. G

Honestly, people, they are doing this. None of you have seen it?
Really?

I can't remember seeing a squirrel in my neighborhood since I've moved
here.

Weird.

Old 10-09-2003, 03:02 PM
zebrin

"Susan H. Simko" wrote in message ...
susan wrote

I saw this behaviour when I was in Washington DC a few weeks ago. The
squirrels were doing this after a massive dose of chocolate. My aunt
and I were feeding two squirrels chunks of chocolate brownie.

-----
Jeepers were they pot brownies...???

Maybe if you got them all stoned you could just lure them into little
shipping crates with more munchies and them ship them somewhere.

Zebrin
Old 11-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Susan H. Simko

Shiva wrote:

OMG! Chocolate! Wasted on Squirrels? What were you thinking? G

No all brownies are created equal and, imo, are fairly easy to really
screw up. *sigh* None of the chocoholics in the group liked the
brownie - fortunately the squirrels did.

Well this sounds just mysterious and sinister to make me ask

"Why don't they stay around there very long?"

Ehhmmmm, well, how about, we don't like squirrels so they don't like us?
Or maybe, it may have something to do with the pellet gun. Don't
know, you would have to ask them. Oh yeah, they don't come 'round here
no more. *grin*

Susan
shsimko at duke dot edu