Old 07-09-2003, 08:02 PM
Theo

Default what's wrong with my rose?

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubgallery.asp?id_=375305

thanks in advance
-Theo

Old 07-09-2003, 10:13 PM
Daniel Hanna

In Theo wrote:
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubgallery.asp?id_=375305

thanks in advance
-Theo

You akmost certainly have an infestation of spider mites (aka red spider).
Check the underside of the leaves for tiny speck like insects - they are
smaller than grains of sand but they will be there in large numbers. In
bad cases you will also see tiny webbing under the leaves.

Remedies are to spray the underside of all leaves of the bush with:

a. Water (twice a week - they hate getting wet)
b. White oil/Pest Oil/Winter Oil solution
c. A specific miticide (usually containing dicofol - one or two repeat
sprays are needed to clean up unhatched eggs).
Old 07-09-2003, 11:06 PM
Theo

Your right. It is a spider mite infestation. Thanks for your help.
-Theo