GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Leonidas Rose (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/43890-leonidas-rose.html)

Jan 23-09-2003 10:26 PM

Leonidas Rose

I am trying to find a place I can order this rose online..

It has the most beautiful brownish colored outer edge with light colored
inside...

Anyone know of a site I can order one from???

thanks...

Shiva 24-09-2003 02:12 PM

Leonidas Rose

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:17:50 -0700, "Jan" wrote:

I am trying to find a place I can order this rose online..

It has the most beautiful brownish colored outer edge with light colored
inside...

This rose is a florist rose, meaning that the cut ones you saw were
grown in a greenhouse. Word is it does not look this way in the
garden, but is more yellow and orange.

Anyone know of a site I can order one from???

Go to helpmefind.com and read all about any rose that interests you.
There are lists of vendors for each.

thanks...

NTANTIQUES 29-09-2003 11:42 PM

Leonidas Rose

I am trying to find a place I can order this rose online..

It has the most beautiful brownish colored outer edge with light colored
inside...

I fell in love with this beauty too, but decided to make do with the Ecuadorian
florist imports after doing a whole lot of searching on the internet. That
yellow and orange thing isn't what I'm looking for in Leonidas and I can't bear
shovel pruning a perfectly healthy rose because of a color clash in my garden.
As I recall, the color differential came up was because Ecuadorian Leonidas
were hydrophonic and grown in very different conditions than the home gardener.
Too bad, it is a stunner and I would love to have that fabulous russet color
in my garden.
NT