Old 24-09-2003, 02:22 PM
Shiva

Default OT--Isabel & Sinus Problems

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:53:07 -0400, "Susan H. Simko"
wrote:

We did pretty well. That is, except for the sinus/ear infection that
started on Thursday.

Hope you're feeling better soon, those are miserable. In addition to
the stuff the doc gives you, simmer gently some crushed fresh garlic
closes in chicken broth for a bit (maybe 15 minutes) and add cayenne
pepper to taste. Nothing nasty in your sinuses will stand a chance, I
promise. G Tastes good, too, and makes you feel wonderful.

Careful, careful with the ear infection. I know you have had a doc see
it--if not, they can of course get to the point where the eardrum must
be lanced. Not fun, and dangerous for the hearing.
Old 24-09-2003, 08:22 PM
Susan H. Simko

Shiva wrote:

Hope you're feeling better soon, those are miserable. In addition to
the stuff the doc gives you, simmer gently some crushed fresh garlic
closes in chicken broth for a bit (maybe 15 minutes) and add cayenne
pepper to taste. Nothing nasty in your sinuses will stand a chance, I
promise. G Tastes good, too, and makes you feel wonderful.

I went another direction - tomato broth with lots of garlic and hot
pepper. *grin* I don't ned much encouragement to eat spicy food or
lots and lots of garlic.

Careful, careful with the ear infection. I know you have had a doc see
it--if not, they can of course get to the point where the eardrum must
be lanced. Not fun, and dangerous for the hearing.

They can actually kill you. My dad, years ago, was hopitalized for an
ear infection that had gotten so bad that it had moved inward and almost
passed into his brain. It got so bad because he refused to see a
doctor. I know better but this infection kind of snuck up on me - one
day I was fine and the next I was *sick*. No warning headaches or
tightness.

Back to roses, my Granada is blooming. I had thought the blooms this
summer weer beautiful, but these are incredible. It's like watching a
tropical sunset. I am so glad that Shiva's talk about how gorgeous this
rose is made me decide that I must have one!

Also, interesting enough, one Double Delight is blooming up a storm and
the other appears to be pouting. The one that is going gang busters is
a bare root that I bought directly from J&P. The other is a potted J&P
that I bought at Lowes on a whim. (I know it's a DD as it had blloms on
it when I bought it and has bloomed since.) The Lowes rose was also
twice the size of the bare root when I put the Lowes in the ground.
However, the bare root now makes the Lowes look like a shrimp. Near
identical conditions for the two roses so it's just "interesting" right now.

Susan
shsimko at duke dot edu

Old 24-09-2003, 10:02 PM
Daniel Hanna

In Susan H. Simko wrote:
The Lowes rose was also
twice the size of the bare root when I put the Lowes in the ground.
However, the bare root now makes the Lowes look like a shrimp. Near
identical conditions for the two roses so it's just "interesting"
right now.

Interesting. Susan, what kind of soil did you plant the bare root in?

Checking in - Isabel FBCS Ponds 24 04-10-2003 05:06 AM
Isabel Cereoid-UR12- Gardening 11 29-09-2003 01:02 PM
Granada! was OT--Isabel & Sinus Problems Shiva Roses 0 25-09-2003 11:42 AM
Checking in - Isabel FBCS Ponds 1 20-09-2003 12:26 AM
Hurricane Isabel's possible path Anne Lurie Ponds 30 19-09-2003 11:38 PM