GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tree roses (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/44292-tree-roses.html)

Ann[_1_] 29-09-2003 12:37 AM

Tree roses

I have been reading some of the topics dealing with bringing roses in the house for the winter. Most of what I have read says that it is not a good idea and the roses won't do well.
I have been bringing my 2 tree roses in the house for the past 2 years. I don't know if it's dumb luck or what, but they have done well...so far. I have tried to store them in the garage but they started getting black and dieing. I've read where you can bury them in a trench for the winter. I don't have a place to do that.
I have my tree roses in large pots and just bring them in for the winter. I use a good fungicide and don't water them but once a week. I don't know if this might help anyone with their roses but, somehow my tree roses live through the winter inside. If anyone can give me any advice about tree roses I sure would be great full.