GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   have groundhogs? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/44826-have-groundhogs.html)

glowworm 05-10-2003 06:12 PM

have groundhogs?

Hi-

strange posting you may think, but I'm looking to adopt an orphaned
groundhog. I'd like a pet groundhog and am looking to pay someone for
their "garden-unfriendly" baby groundhog.

I know that a lot of people might not think this is a great idea, but
I've done a good amount of research on it and am willing to give it a
go.

I don't want to go and just take one from the wild, but I've been told
that come October and November a lot of groundhogs become orphaned
when their mothers get hit by cars, shot or otherwise disappear.

I live in New York and would be willing to drive (a reasonable
distance) to come pick up the goundhog. However, because I'm raising
the animal in captivity, I need to start with a baby groundhog rather
than taking a full grown adult out of his element.

If you've got some groundhogs that you might not want and you'd be
willing to trap him HUMANELY, I will be willing to pay for the little
guy. You can email me at the below address.

Thanks,
marianne