Old 21-10-2003, 12:02 PM
~A~

Default killing clover

Hi

I currently have all my roses in pots and I find that the minitures have
clover growing in them - what would be the best way to remove clover without
getting picked all the time! It's hard to dig out as the pots are quite
small and all I manage to do is pull the top bits off which I know can't be
good...

I live in Western Australia (towards the south - along the coast)...I must
say I'm quite proud of myself as I have great success with my roses, while
other people find them hard to grow - I trim them - remove yucky looking
leaves - liquid fertilize regularly and enjoy them!

Any help will be greatly appreciated
thanks
Audrey

Old 23-10-2003, 10:42 AM
Kirra

"~A~" wrote in message
. au...
Hi

I currently have all my roses in pots and I find that the minitures have
clover growing in them - what would be the best way to remove clover

without
getting picked all the time! It's hard to dig out as the pots are quite
small and all I manage to do is pull the top bits off which I know can't

be
good...

I live in Western Australia (towards the south - along the coast)...I must
say I'm quite proud of myself as I have great success with my roses, while
other people find them hard to grow - I trim them - remove yucky looking
leaves - liquid fertilize regularly and enjoy them!

Any help will be greatly appreciated
thanks
Audrey

Hi Audrey,

I also live in Australia but in Brisbane. I grow quite a few miniatures in
pots and try to put them in bigger pots so they do not dry out so quickly. I
think that helps me be able to weed them more easily as well. Just how small
are your pots and have you considered putting them into bigger pots? I do my
work on them (pruning and weeding) on a bench so that it is easier on the
back and that might make it easier to get your hands under the foliage for
weeding.

Good gloves are also a way of avoiding being pricked but I find it hard to
get good quality gloves resistant to thorns that come in sizes small enough
for me! I have found a pair that could be useful when weeding that are
fairly resistant to thorns. They are green, made out of a material that is
like canvas and are good size for small female hands. Unfortunately, I don't
have the brand on me. I'm going to Bunnings later so if I find the brand,
I'll post it then.

What roses do you grow Audrey, or if you have lots what are your favourites?

Kirra
Brisbane, Australia
Z10