Old 23-10-2003, 11:02 PM
Shiva

Default Distant Drums Fall 2003

Please forgive the poor quality. At least the scans do show the true
colors. The third, smaller bud in one of the scans is actually
mutabilis. Surprising how similar the colors are.

http://www.cotse.net/users/hypatia/Roses/DD03A.jpg

http://www.cotse.net/users/hypatia/Roses/DD03B.jpg

Old 24-10-2003, 01:32 AM
Kirra

"Shiva" wrote in message
news:aHlwYXRpYQ==.f74633f58921e812a5651a1cbb2a0d3b @1066945346.cotse.net...
Please forgive the poor quality. At least the scans do show the true
colors. The third, smaller bud in one of the scans is actually
mutabilis. Surprising how similar the colors are.

http://www.cotse.net/users/hypatia/Roses/DD03A.jpg

http://www.cotse.net/users/hypatia/Roses/DD03B.jpg

Oooo, very pretty. I don't think we can get that one yet ...

I'll keep an eye out for it in the catalogue's though.

Old 28-10-2003, 02:12 PM
Cass

Shiva wrote:

Please forgive the poor quality. At least the scans do show the true
colors. The third, smaller bud in one of the scans is actually
mutabilis. Surprising how similar the colors are.

http://www.cotse.net/users/hypatia/Roses/DD03A.jpg

http://www.cotse.net/users/hypatia/Roses/DD03B.jpg

Distant Drums is in the middle of an amazing fall flush here. It is
wonderful in the vase - the scent is on the air for at least 10 feet on
a hot day.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cbernstei...ll03fourth.jpg
Old 29-10-2003, 08:12 PM
Shiva

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 06:13:05 -0800, Cass
wrote:

Distant Drums is in the middle of an amazing fall flush here. It is
wonderful in the vase - the scent is on the air for at least 10 feet on
a hot day.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cbernstei...ll03fourth.jpg

Gorgeous, Cass. How old is your plant?
Old 29-10-2003, 08:12 PM
Shiva

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 00:31:58 GMT, "Kirra"
wrote:

"

Oooo, very pretty. I don't think we can get that one yet ...

I'll keep an eye out for it in the catalogue's though.

Glad you like it! I have a friend who thinks the tan centers make the
bloom look "old." Harumph, I said!

Old 29-10-2003, 11:42 PM
Kirra

Distant Drums is in the middle of an amazing fall flush here. It is
wonderful in the vase - the scent is on the air for at least 10 feet on
a hot day.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cbernstei...ll03fourth.jpg

Very nice vase of flowers. What are the other roses in the vase besides
Distant Drums?

Kirra
Brisbane, Australia

Old 30-10-2003, 05:12 AM
Radika

Cass wrote:

http://home.earthlink.net/~cbernstei...ll03fourth.jpg

Stunning picture. Nice grass back-drop that enhances the whole stunning
effect. I am not hungry or anything, but that looks edible. who are the
other fellows? Is that Francis Dubreuil on the side? Is the one in the
front Portland from Glendora? I am probably getting it all wrong, but
that is one sumptuous visual treat.

Thanks!

--
Radika
California

Old 03-11-2003, 05:13 AM
Cass

wrote:

Distant Drums is in the middle of an amazing fall flush here. It is
wonderful in the vase - the scent is on the air for at least 10 feet on
a hot day.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cbernstei...ll03fourth.jpg

Gorgeous, Cass. How old is your plant?

Weeks bareroot (or was it potted? don't recall) this spring.
Old 03-11-2003, 05:13 AM
Cass

In article , Kirra
wrote:

Distant Drums is in the middle of an amazing fall flush here. It is
wonderful in the vase - the scent is on the air for at least 10 feet on
a hot day.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cbernstei...ll03fourth.jpg

Very nice vase of flowers. What are the other roses in the vase besides
Distant Drums?

At 12 o'clock is DD, then that big pale pink and blush bloom is Dr.
Debat, a classic HT, Peace offspring. Then more DD with a Niles Cochet
between them. Down at 6 oclock is Yolande d'Aragon. Next is Mme.
Berkeley (tea). The bright pink is Eden (1950 HT). Finally at 10:30 is
Souv. de Leonie Viennot. Whew. Oh, that inconspicuous pink bud pointed
straight at the camera is Susan Louise (tea).
Old 03-11-2003, 05:13 AM
Cass

In article , Radika
wrote:

Cass wrote:

http://home.earthlink.net/~cbernstei...ll03fourth.jpg

Stunning picture. Nice grass back-drop that enhances the whole stunning
effect. I am not hungry or anything, but that looks edible. who are the
other fellows? Is that Francis Dubreuil on the side? Is the one in the
front Portland from Glendora? I am probably getting it all wrong, but
that is one sumptuous visual treat.

It really was a beaut, Radika. I found the grass by mistake trying to
prop up the vase. On the lower left side, the bright pink is Eden (1950
HT). I ran down the whole list in response to Kirra's question.

Right now I'm enjoying a big fluffy overblown base of roses with dozens
of petals each - Eden, Belinda's Dream, Dr. Debat, and Thor. Yum.

Distant Drums' First Fall Shiva Roses 4 16-10-2003 12:12 AM
[IBC] BONSAI Digest - 19 Jul 2003 to 20 Jul 2003 (#2003-202) [email protected] Bonsai 2 22-07-2003 06:32 AM
[IBC] BONSAI Digest - 8 Jun 2003 to 9 Jun 2003 (#2003-161) Gerald Laabs Bonsai 0 11-06-2003 12:44 AM
[IBC] BONSAI Digest - 27 May 2003 to 28 May 2003 (#2003-149) Gerald Laabs Bonsai 0 29-05-2003 09:08 PM
[IBC] BONSAI Digest - 15 May 2003 to 16 May 2003 (#2003-137) Jim Stone Bonsai 1 18-05-2003 08:08 PM