GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pure Poetry (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/47442-pure-poetry.html)

Sam Bass 18-11-2003 01:02 AM

Pure Poetry

Greetings to all,

Where can one find the rose 'Pure Poetry'?
A special friend thinks they are no longer available but wants three bushes.
Can you help?

Thanks,
Sam

Mike 18-11-2003 02:02 AM

Pure Poetry

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, "Sam Bass" wrote:
Greetings to all,

Where can one find the rose 'Pure Poetry'?
A special friend thinks they are no longer available but wants three bushes.
Can you help?

Thanks,
Sam

http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/splst...p=1&hdg=Pure%2
0Poetry%99

Shiva 18-11-2003 05:02 AM

Pure Poetry

Sam Bass wrote:

Greetings to all,

Where can one find the rose 'Pure Poetry'?
A special friend thinks they are no longer available but wants three bushes.
Can you help?

Sam--looks like you are in Texas? If your friend is in California or
can get there, she or he can pick up a Pure Poetry from one vendor in
the list Mike posted from HelpMeFind. Bottom line, one vendor in the US,
and they do not do mail order.

This is a wonderful rose, introduced 1997 and discontinued after 1999.
I saw it in bloom, and almost bought it. But not quite ... one of my
few rosy regrets.

Thanks,
Sam

Daniel Hanna 18-11-2003 02:03 PM

Pure Poetry

In aHlwYXRpYQ==.d66f1c0d728a624bb190a1117e6b5050@106 9131362.cotse.net
Shiva wrote:
This is a wonderful rose, introduced 1997 and discontinued after 1999.
I saw it in bloom, and almost bought it. But not quite ... one of my
few rosy regrets.

You mean J&P are discarding roses after only 3 years now? What vandals.
Luckily it hasn't been lost from commercial cultivation (yet).

See eg http://treloar-roses.com.au/files/pure_poetry.htm

Shiva 25-11-2003 12:02 AM

Pure Poetry

On 18 Nov 2003 13:48:11 GMT, Daniel Hanna
wrote:

Luckily it hasn't been lost from commercial cultivation (yet).

See eg http://treloar-roses.com.au/files/pure_poetry.htm

Yep. It's a stunner! Bet there is someone here in Raleigh who has it
and might propagate it for me or let me try. I sure wish I had picked
it up the year it was in every nursery!