Old 21-11-2003, 03:12 AM
Daniel Hanna

Default New photos online

For you northern hemisphere types... I've been busy in the garden with
the digital camera this month. After all I promised Shiva and others
some new photos.

Check out the 'November 2003' and '2003 trials' pages on my website:

http://www.rosesaustralia.com
(yes I bought the site a new domain name for its 1st birthday :-)

Daniel
Old 22-11-2003, 06:02 PM
Radika

Daniel Hanna wrote:
For you northern hemisphere types... I've been busy in the garden with
the digital camera this month. After all I promised Shiva and others
some new photos.

Check out the 'November 2003' and '2003 trials' pages on my website:

http://www.rosesaustralia.com
(yes I bought the site a new domain name for its 1st birthday :-)

Well done, Daniel - what a great domain name to catch before anyone else
does! The website is beautifully organized and I congratulate you.

Incidentally, in this crazy part of the northern hemisphere, some roses
are still blooming. And they are predicting record cold tonight (for
this area, that is,)for some places around here, and are asking people
to protect their citruses from frost damage, etc. Some roses just keep
blooming, anyhow, wish they wouldn't and go into dormancy because in the
years that happens, we have a better bloom in spring than otherwise.

Anyway, I note that you write in your web site that Monsieur Tillier was
in full bloom in June. Your June is much like our November/December,
isn't it? So, you know the drill of roses which refuse to sleep through
winters g.

--
Radika
California

Old 23-11-2003, 03:02 AM
Daniel Hanna

In Radika wrote:
Anyway, I note that you write in your web site that Monsieur Tillier
was in full bloom in June. Your June is much like our November/
December, isn't it? So, you know the drill of roses which refuse to
sleep through winters g.

Radika, our June is your December climatically, except there's no frost
here. Monsieur Tillier paused for the first 3 weeks of August (your
February) and then the next flush was on. Quite an amazing evergreen
bush.

On the strength of that, my display bed at the front of my house is now
half tea roses. The rest are Austins and a Romantica. The only Austin
to come close to Monsieur Tillier is Heritage. The Romantica, Guy de
Maupassant, is superb.

I'm starting to come around to the belief that the French have never
really surrendered their superiority in rose breeding - they just get
forgotten a lot!
Old 26-11-2003, 04:22 AM
Cass

In article .com.au,
Daniel Hanna wrote:

On the strength of that, my display bed at the front of my house is now
half tea roses. The rest are Austins and a Romantica. The only Austin
to come close to Monsieur Tillier is Heritage. The Romantica, Guy de
Maupassant, is superb.

I'm starting to come around to the belief that the French have never
really surrendered their superiority in rose breeding - they just get
forgotten a lot!

That Triomphe du Luxembourg is glorious. I have something that looks
very similar and is supposedly a mis-identified Mme. Lambard. Can't
wait to see it bloom in the spring.
Old 26-11-2003, 11:02 AM
Daniel Hanna

In Cass wrote:
That Triomphe du Luxembourg is glorious. I have something that looks
very similar and is supposedly a mis-identified Mme. Lambard. Can't
wait to see it bloom in the spring.

The waiting is part of the journey...

My Triomphe is turning into a really good bush now. Two big basal
breaks are climbing up, as thick as asparagus. There's something
thrilling about those fresh new stems!

I like the look of Mme Lombard in the catalogues, Cass. Are you saying
that your bush isn't Mme Lombard, or that it's labelled something else
and is in fact Mme Lombard?

Old 01-12-2003, 03:02 AM
Cass

In article .com.au,
Daniel Hanna wrote:

In Cass wrote:
That Triomphe du Luxembourg is glorious. I have something that looks
very similar and is supposedly a mis-identified Mme. Lambard. Can't
wait to see it bloom in the spring.

The waiting is part of the journey...

My Triomphe is turning into a really good bush now. Two big basal
breaks are climbing up, as thick as asparagus. There's something
thrilling about those fresh new stems!

I like the look of Mme Lombard in the catalogues, Cass. Are you saying
that your bush isn't Mme Lombard, or that it's labelled something else
and is in fact Mme Lombard?

I think it is labeled Mme. Lambard and is really something else but no
one knows what.