Old 04-01-2004, 02:42 AM
Will Van Pelt

Default Need help with Valentine's Day project

Hello everyone!

I hope there is someone out there who can help me.

I got this idea for a Valentine's Day gift. I am not an expert on
flowers so I am not sure how possible this is. I want to get a sheet
of posterboard and glue individual petals to the board to spell out my
valentine. Then use petals from other flowers and completely surround
the text so that it comes out looking like a bed of flowers. I plan to
put this flowered card into a shadowbox to keep it from being bumped
and harmed.

What would be the best way to go about doing something like this? Is
it even possible? I really don't mind if the flowers dry. I am
thinking that it will still look beautiful even when the petals dry
out.

I was thinking about maybe dipping each petal in wax. Is this a good
idea? Any suggestions are completely welcome!

Thanks for your help!
Will
Old 04-01-2004, 10:05 PM
Anne Lurie

Will,

Google for "preserving flowers" and "glycerine" -- you should bring up
lots of tips. (I think the glycerine replaces water in flower petals or
foliage, but doesn't dry up.)

I also suggest that you visit a crafts store if there's one near you
(Michael's, for example, here in my area) and ask for tips.

Good Luck! and congratulations for thinking to ask for help now rather than
a day before Valentine's Day!

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"Will Van Pelt" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Happy Valentine's Day! What are you doing? Diana Kulaga[_5_] Orchids 9 15-02-2008 04:44 PM
Valentine Day Gifts Richi Gardening 0 12-02-2008 07:41 AM
Valentine Day Gifts Richi Gardening 0 07-02-2008 10:47 AM
Celebrating Valentine Day Poll TOM KAN PA Gardening 5 15-02-2003 03:51 AM