Old 13-01-2004, 09:42 PM
akhtar

Default newbie ... Pruning

Hi all,
I am new to gardening. I live in toronto, Ontario zone/area 3-4 i
guess. I have purchased a house and the previous owners had a very
good rose garden in my backyard. There are 4 different rose plans,
first year they were very healthy and nice, i did the pruning in
spring early that year. But 2nd year two of the plants did not came
very green, rather they looked sick and pale all season, where as two
of them were very healthy. I did the pruning this fall so that coming
season they should come back all healthy and i am planning to put some
new soil.

My question is what is the best time to do the pruning ... fall or
spring ??

Also what is the best fartilizer/soil for roses and do i need to all
top soil every year so the plants come back healthy with lots of
roses. ?

What is the best resources to know my rose flower kinds ?

Any/all comments will be wellcome.

Thanks. to all.

Akhtar
Old 14-01-2004, 12:02 AM
Anne Lurie

Akhtar,

Here is a link to the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) for the
rec.gardens.roses newsgroup:
http://www.mc.edu/campus/users/nettl...rofaq-faq.html It may answer
some of your questions.

I'm sure that other members of this newsgroup can help you with questions
specific to your area.

Good luck! and welcome to the newsgroup,

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

m...