GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Going hard-co digging up yard for more! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/50371-going-hard-core-digging-up-yard-more.html)

JimS. 16-01-2004 07:02 AM

Going hard-co digging up yard for more!

Well, today, I took the big obsessive step (you know you long-timers have
already done it...) : had a big hedge next to the house dug up to make room
for more roses! Now I've got a space, about 16-20 ft long and about 3 feet
wide next to the west side of the house. Oboy! That should be at least a
half dozen more....

And there's more-- I discover the yard actually slopes downward
there...which of course means--- now I have to even it out with a RAISED
BED!

All this, just in time for new-rose season soon.... yippee :-Þ

JimS.
Seattle, Z8