Old 25-01-2003, 03:09 AM
James Delahanty

Default Ventura County Rose Society Rose Auction

Those of you who followed the VCRS Rose Auction catalog might be
interested to know that the Rose Auction last night was highly
successful, netting more than 3K for our educational programs and Rose
Celebration. The highest price rose was 52 dollars for Mary Guthrie, an
Alister Clark polyanthas; the average price at auction was between 24
and 26 dollars....About 75 people attended and over 50 made bids on one
item or another. We sold or auctioned over 90% of the roses offered.

JD

Old 25-01-2003, 04:37 AM
Allegra

"James Delahanty" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Those of you who followed the VCRS Rose Auction catalog might be
interested to know that the Rose Auction last night was highly
successful, netting more than 3K for our educational programs and Rose
Celebration. The highest price rose was 52 dollars for Mary Guthrie, an
Alister Clark polyanthas; the average price at auction was between 24
and 26 dollars....About 75 people attended and over 50 made bids on one
item or another. We sold or auctioned over 90% of the roses offered.

JD

Hello James my dear,

To show you where my head is at for some obscure reason I
was totally sure the auction was tomorrow! I had my heart
set and decided to get your Kitty Kininmonth and too of
course I more than wanted Clementina Carbonieri which I
had no idea Sequoia has, as one of the dears of my heart is
Kaiserina Augusta Viktoria (I cannot imagine how I missed
Clementina in Sequoia's catalogue, argh!)

So what is left? anything? Send me an e to let me know and
congratulations! you worked so hard and for so long at this
that all the rosarians around should give you a well deserved
round of applause. I am applauding from here, can you hear
it?

Bravo, James!

Allegra