Old 25-01-2003, 07:47 AM
TCrevison

Default Transplanting Roses

I have a rose that is growing in my fence row. I'm not sure if it's a
climber or rambler. I don't know much about roses it was there when I bought
the house. I'd like to transplant it and train it to an arbor it's a very
pretty red rose but is partially hidden by a liliac bush. When would be the
best time to try this? I live in Ohio in zone 6. Thanks for any advice.
T.C.

Old 02-02-2003, 06:59 AM
FOW

Now ! Dig a hole big around it and try not to cut roots off, bigger than a
pencil. Transplant in good soil, aka, got some manure in it ,and a Startup
Fertilizer in the hole to be transplanted in, mixed with 50/50 , manure,
Horse , Steer ,Turkey. Sh*t. About a 1/2 cup Startup Fertilizer mixed in to
the soil, per 5 gallons of soil.
Maybe pick off all the leaves before you do it a week before.(Forces it into
dormancy) In Ohio you might not have leaves on your rose this time of year.
I live in Northern Calif. Roses don't go dormant completely in the mild
climate here.
Good luck and say a Prayer before breaking ground