Old 24-02-2004, 09:53 PM
Debabrata Ghosh

Default How long can I keep bareroot roses

Folks,
Forgive me for asking this question... I am wondering how long can I
keep a bareroot in the bag that it came in. If I put it in the
refrigerator and make sure that the wrapping is moist, can it survive
for 7 months from now on?
I am basically planning to take a few roses to India (in
September). It would be good if I can take the bare roots as they are,
since that is more economical in terms of space. Big question is will
the plants survive for 7 months even inside a refrigerator.

Thanks for your reponses,
Best regards,
Debu.
Old 26-02-2004, 06:12 AM
Snooze

"Debabrata Ghosh" wrote in message
m...
Folks,
Forgive me for asking this question... I am wondering how long can I
keep a bareroot in the bag that it came in. If I put it in the
refrigerator and make sure that the wrapping is moist, can it survive
for 7 months from now on?
I am basically planning to take a few roses to India (in
September). It would be good if I can take the bare roots as they are,
since that is more economical in terms of space. Big question is will
the plants survive for 7 months even inside a refrigerator.

Thanks for your reponses,
Best regards,
Debu.

I seriously doubt a bareroot would survive being dormant that long. If it's
7 months from now, try making clippings of the roses you like, and sprout
those. That way you'll be able to take own-root roses, which have less
maintenance problems then grafted roses, like most bareroots.

But no harm in trying, right?

Sameer