Old 01-02-2003, 04:31 PM
James Delahanty

Default Fragrant, Yellow rose recommendation

" Oops. Is that the same as "The Dove?" And if not, is the latter an
Austin?
I really thought this one was an Austin.

'The Dove' and 'La Paloma' are the same rose and a Tantau.

Okay, here is the truth: I had

The set of images is priceless, especially the surreptitious raids with
RAID.....

JD

Old 02-02-2003, 06:07 AM
FOW

My Sunsprite is very fragrant. I smell medium strong with lemon smell , kind
of , only better. Was my first rose, and disease resistant in North Calif.
Dark green foliage and blooms 5-7 time in the season... Floribunda ya know.
The cutting don't last too long , petal count a little low for me, But still
a favorite cause it was my first rose, also because it never fails to bloom,
or get black spot or rust, even aphids ! Get's a bout 4x5 high.
Can you tell I like my Sunsprite ?
Cannot think of a Yellow rose that smells as well.

GET IT !
"Debabrata Ghosh" wrote in message
om...
Hi,
Any recommendation for a deep/bright yellow (not pale yellow) rose
that is fragrant too. I have shortlisted Sunsprite and Midas Touch,
but, none seems to be very fragrant (I thought Sunsprite was, but,
Edmund's catalog calls its fragrance to be slight). I have Oregold
which has nice color but no fragrance at all.

Thanks,
Debu.
Portland, OR, Z6.

Old 02-02-2003, 06:17 AM
FOW

I have a Henry Fonda that is very nice.Not Too big yet, about 3x4 ft. high.
No fragrance but nice if cut as little buds, after the Septal Petals have
spread out.A way bit deeper Yellow than Sunsprite.
Real Yellow as compared to Sunsprite light - medium Yellow.
I hear St. Patrick is nice too, also it's flower is Green before Yellow.
Those are my picks for Yellow roses , so far.......
"Radika Kesavan" wrote in message
Debabrata Ghosh wrote:
Hi,
Any recommendation for a deep/bright yellow (not pale yellow) rose
that is fragrant too. I have shortlisted Sunsprite and Midas Touch,
but, none seems to be very fragrant (I thought Sunsprite was, but,
Edmund's catalog calls its fragrance to be slight). I have Oregold
which has nice color but no fragrance at all.

Thanks,
Debu.
Portland, OR, Z6.

Sunsprite *is* fragrant, and this rose even wins at times in the
Fragrance class in Rose shows according to reliable Rosarians in
Northern California. It appears as if Edmund's may have inherites a
clone that is not and that is what they are offering .

I got my fragrant Susnprite from a local nursery (Liggett's) that got
sold to Ashdown Roses which bought all their stock as well. And their
catalogue describes Sunsprite like this: "A dark yellow floribunda with
intense fragrance from the Kordes family. The double blooms and bushy
growth habit make this good for the mid-border spot needing a splash of
yellow." So, it looks like may be Ashdown carries the fragrant Sunsprite
that I purchased over here in San Jose. If you would like to search
their site as well as to contact them:
http://www.ashdownroses.com/sorttop.asp

Another yellow rose that I find fragrant and does very well here is
King's Ransom:
http://www.helpmefind.com/sites/rrr/pl.php?n=3625

Lord Mountbatten is a fragrant floribunda that thrives he
http://www.helpmefind.com/sites/rrr/pl.php?n=27642

Of course, Soleil d'Or is the most fragrant rose of any colour to my
nose, but I cannot recommend it for your climate, since most people say
that it is very susceptible to fungal diseases.

--
Radika
California

Old 02-02-2003, 06:21 AM
FOW

I like mine too ! Glad to know it does as well in Aus. as it does in North
of San Francisco ! My first rose too !, Butr I only have
one.............Waiting for the real Blue Roses as my last rose.
Maybe we'll see em next year.

Debabrata Ghosh wrote:
Hi,
Any recommendation for a deep/bright yellow (not pale yellow) rose
that is fragrant too. I have shortlisted Sunsprite and Midas Touch,
but, none seems to be very fragrant (I thought Sunsprite was, but,
Edmund's catalog calls its fragrance to be slight). I have Oregold
which has nice color but no fragrance at all.

Thanks,
Debu.
Portland, OR, Z6.

Sunsprite *is* fragrant, and this rose even wins at times in the
Fragrance class in Rose shows according to reliable Rosarians in
Northern California. It appears as if Edmund's may have inherites a
clone that is not and that is what they are offering .

I agree with Radika that Sunsprite is fragrant. It was the first rose I
bought before I knew anything about roses and I bought it because of the
fragrance. You know, the rose that smells so nice that you just have to

keep
putting it up to your nose so that you can smell it yet again

An added bonus is that I find my two, I like it so much I bought another,

do
not get any black spot despite living in a humid climate, overhead

watering
three times a week and living next to Double Delight who does get black
spot.

Kirra
Brisbane, Australia
Z10

Old 02-02-2003, 11:55 AM
Unique Too

"Shiva" writes:

So, let's hear from the anti-spray folks about how
delicate bees are--how sensitive to chemicals. These got ten-day shots of
orthenex all spring and summer, too. Sure they have extra sets of eyes and
are developing feathers, but they can still sting!

I laughed so hard at this one, DH came in to see what was going on. Very
funny!

Old 02-02-2003, 07:33 PM
Shiva

Unique Too wrote:
I laughed so hard at this one, DH came in to see what was going on. Very
funny!

Since you are an environmentally responsible person, I am especially
pleased to have made you laugh, instead of fume. You know my bees are
perfectly normal! For now ... but you know, we only have these ground bees
and bumbles, have never seen honeybees in Raleigh, even at my other
places. But they are in NC, as lots of farms keep bees, and local honey is
readily available. Yes, I do eat it, without a thought of what might have
been sprayed on the flowers.

Old 03-02-2003, 03:06 AM
Kirra

"FOW" wrote in message
I like mine too ! Glad to know it does as well in Aus. as it does in

North
of San Francisco ! My first rose too !, Butr I only have
one.............Waiting for the real Blue Roses as my last rose.
Maybe we'll see em next year.

You only have one? And only plan on having two roses?!

I seem to end up with a new one everytime I go to Bunnings (hardware store)
even if it is only the ones that are on the throw out table because I feel
sorry for them. We have little room at the moment in our very small house
block (most are patio roses in pots in the back area) but I have let my
husband know that within the next 5 to 10 years I want 5 acres and it will
all be roses :-)

most fragrant rose Jan Roses 11 07-06-2005 05:45 AM
YELLOW ROSE, I need recommendation.(Zone 7). Rogerx Roses 6 04-10-2004 01:56 PM
YELLOW ROSE, I need recommendation.(Zone 7). Rogerx Roses 0 08-09-2004 11:41 PM
fragrant rose for shade Vrstull Gardening 4 05-07-2003 07:32 AM
Sunsprite Fragrant, Yellow rose recommendation Radika Kesavan Roses 8 02-02-2003 06:27 AM