Old 29-02-2004, 12:10 AM
LauraEG

Default Joseph's Coat

Anyone had any experience with this climber? It looks fabulous in the catalog,
I am in south eastern Virginia, zone 7

Thanks,

Laura
Old 29-02-2004, 08:14 PM
JimS.

I have 2 Joseph's coat. I am in Seattle Zone 8, so I'm guessing we have
probably much milder winters (almost no freezing) but not as hot summers as
you. Joseph's coat is really beautiful when it's blooming, but my problem
with them is that it is a slow grower (at least the ones I have). They put
out blooms that are really brilliant and change colors as they age. It's
very nice, but you might want to buy more than one where you might other
wise have planted just one? Could be just the ones I have. Oh and another
thing, it's really spiny....one of the more painful roses I have to work on.
You'd better have some good gloves!

JimS.
Seattle, Z8

Old 29-02-2004, 10:14 PM
LauraEG

Thanks for the info, Jim. I was only planning to purchase one, but being
somewhat clumsy, perhaps I should re consider, don't need to leave a blood
trail through the yard!

Thanks,

Laura

Old 21-04-2004, 03:05 PM
Cindy

I have two hee in East TN. They are well worth the price of a few nicks.
Beautiful!!! One if my favorites. ANother that comes close but not as
spiney and shorter canes is "Spice so Nice" from Weeks Roses.

Cindy

--
All outgoing mail scanned for viruses.

"LauraEG" wrote in message
Anyone had any experience with this climber? It looks fabulous in the

catalog,
I am in south eastern Virginia, zone 7

Thanks,

Laura

[IBC] Joseph's Coat (Tricolor) & Serissa [email protected] Bonsai 6 01-03-2005 08:17 PM
Has anyone heard of a plant called Joseph's coat? MaryJoL Gardening 23 02-02-2005 06:56 PM
Questions about Joseph's Coat rose Natty_Dread Gardening 2 08-08-2004 05:11 AM
Joseph's Coat Shiva Roses 1 24-06-2003 03:20 AM
Joseph's Coat & Bare Root Roses Shiva Roses 0 27-04-2003 06:32 PM