GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Banner Maxx and Compass (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/55119-banner-maxx-compass.html)

jc 11-03-2004 01:10 AM

Banner Maxx and Compass

I've seen this proposed as a great 1-2 punch to knock out blackspot. But,
the cost is BRUTAL. Any suggestions where to buy it inexpensively, or is
there something that can be used as an alternative?

Thanks,
John Clarke

Tim Tompkins 11-03-2004 03:12 PM

Banner Maxx and Compass

Yes they are expensive, however look at the cost per gallon of the mixed
product solution and you will probably find that they are no more expensive
than the typical garden center product. You must also consider how
effective each product is, the 'commercial' products are generally the best
value.

For example, an 8oz. container of Compass will provide 196 gallons of ready
to spray solution at 1/4 tsp/gallon, approximately $1/gallon.

I generally find the best prices at www.rosemania.com
and shipping is free to the lower 48 states.

RoseMania also has an excellent spray reference available in pdf as well is
very good information on each product they carry.

Tim