Old 21-03-2004, 02:42 AM
Shiva

Default Buds! Buds!

farmgal wrote:

And the winners midway between S.F. and Sacramento are....
Mutabilis and a hybrid Tea named Perfume Tiger

Oo, I want Perfume Tiger! Purple stripes, yes?

Mutabilis is great here in swampy NC, too. Resists
fungal disease, too.

Old 21-03-2004, 04:32 AM
farmgal

Purple with white stripes, yes. I picked it up a couple of years ago in the
reject bin at Home Depot. Wouldn't ordinarily have paid for such a scraggly
plant, but when I saw/smelled it I had to have it. I've seen Purple Tiger,
but not before or since have I seen Perfume Tiger. It's really a nice
vigorous plant now.

---

Old 24-03-2004, 04:32 AM
Celine

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 03:30:01 GMT, ben boorman
wrote:

Just to be a jerkkkkkk:

Los Angeles, Zone 10:
Helmut Schmidt Blooming
Passionate Blooming cuttings in the house
Cecile Brunner Blooming
JFK Blooming cuttings in the house
Mutabulis Blooming
Hot Cocoa trying
Proud Land Blooming
St. Patricks trying
Playboy Blooming cuttings in the house
Marmalade Sky Blooming
Kaleidoscope trying
Molineuz trying
Chris Evert Blooming
Brilliant Pink Blooming
Royal Sunset trying

Grrrrr
Zone 4 b.....
Everything Frozen....
Still Snowing....
Very Cold....
Everything Dead....
Old 24-03-2004, 05:44 PM
saki

Celine wrote in
:

Grrrrr
Zone 4 b.....
Everything Frozen....
Still Snowing....
Very Cold....
Everything Dead....

I'm sorry about your late winter. I'm in Los Angeles too and while my
garden's blooming now it's about a month behind its normal cycle---first
time I can recall such a "late" (for us) bloom period.

Normally my Bourbons and Portlands pop in mid- to late February but
Eugene de Beauharnais has just offered his first blossom; Gloire de
Rosomanes and Reine Victoria are also at full speed.

The hybrid teas and floribundas opened as well last week and one that I'm
really enjoying is Norwich Castle (thanks, JD!) with its stunning orange-
sherbet color.

Another that really surprised me is Barbara Worl, a hybrid perpetual.
First time I've grown it and it popped last week with blooms of
astounding size and frangrance. This was bare root two months ago.

Two of my second-batch cuttings from two years ago, Cardinal Hume and
Indian Love Call, are just on the verge of opening. This is exciting for
me; I've never seen them bloom before. I'm not even sure I know what the
latter looks like, but it was highly recommended by an esteemed local
rosarian.

Zepherine Drouhin is late this year. She just started putting out
burgundy foliage and no sign of flower buds yet. An odd spring but one
worth wating for, in any case.

----

Old 25-03-2004, 09:32 PM
Shiva

farmgal wrote:

Purple with white stripes, yes. I picked it up a couple of years ago in the
reject bin at Home Depot. Wouldn't ordinarily have paid for such a scraggly
plant, but when I saw/smelled it I had to have it. I've seen Purple Tiger,
but not before or since have I seen Perfume Tiger. It's really a nice
vigorous plant now.

Sounds pretty. I want it.

The cheapy stores often re-name roses, it
is really strange. I only buy them potted and
blooming so I know what I am getting. I am
resisting this year.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Registered User

This is due to the spread of mite disease. Fortunately, does not necessarily mean that your plant is infected with mites, said as a single bite can transmit a disease.
Pond Supplies

Honeysuckle buds - honeysuckle buds.JPG (1/1) Amos Nomore Garden Photos 1 28-12-2018 03:57 AM
Buds - Buds.jpg Dave Fouchey Garden Photos 4 31-07-2007 02:33 AM
Buds not opening jenny2write Roses 3 02-06-2003 03:32 PM
No Buds On Plum Trees John Edible Gardening 2 14-03-2003 06:56 PM
P. Dtps. Buds Shriveling Pristella Orchids 1 12-02-2003 07:25 PM