Old 02-02-2003, 12:33 AM
Table

Default My list

Hey guys.

Here is my list for this spring. However I've got to trim a few. I
want lots of blooms and very little blackspot. hehe

Also want roses that I can put in a vase and they will last for
awhile.

Also want fragrance.

I live in middle Tennessee, zone 6b. It would be nice if I could buy
all of them but......

here they a

Climbers

Autume Sunset
Souv, de St Anne's
Clair Matin

others

Rouge Royal
Strawberry Ice
Double Delight
New Zealand
Honey Boquet
Belindas Dream
Ingrid Bergman
Merilyn Monroe
Lady of Guadaloupe
Radio Times
Route 66
Star of the Nile

Thanks
Old 02-02-2003, 09:50 PM
dave weil

On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 18:33:45 -0600, in rec.gardens.roses you wrote:

Hey guys.

Here is my list for this spring. However I've got to trim a few. I
want lots of blooms and very little blackspot. hehe

Also want roses that I can put in a vase and they will last for
awhile.

Also want fragrance.

I live in middle Tennessee, zone 6b. It would be nice if I could buy
all of them but......

here they a

Climbers

Autume Sunset
Souv, de St Anne's
Clair Matin

others

Rouge Royal
Strawberry Ice
Double Delight
New Zealand
Honey Boquet
Belindas Dream
Ingrid Bergman

You're going to really love this. It stays compact and is relatively
blackspot-free. It *will* get blackspot, so it's not immune.

If you want a really nice amount of blooms, I'd get two or three of
them and plant them in a grouping, as they generally only have two or
three blooms at a time. But what blooms! Rich, cardinal red and large
well-formed blooms with a nice medium-mild scent (a little
spicy/sweet). You don't need a lot of space for them, as they only get
about 3 feet tall.

One thing though, Edmunds is correct when they say that a drawback is
a reduced bloom size in mid-summer. They're only half the size at that
time. They last a long time on the bush until they start to blue. And
I seem to remember a pretty long vase time as well.

Here's a couple of pics of my first year plant here in Nashville:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/Ingrid.jpg
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/Ingrid1.jpg
Sorry about the slight out-of-focus on the Ingrid1 shot. This is an
unfortunate side-effect of my Canon Pro90, which has a documented
problem with bright red colors on occasion. Note that everything
*else* is in focus g. That is a 5 1/2" bloom.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil...05.14.2002.jpg
Looking at the above shot, I had about 7 blooms at once, but I only
remember two or three open simultaneously. Maybe there's some sort of
genetic trigger due to the length of time that the blooms stay open,
or maybe I'm just misremembering.

Merilyn Monroe
Lady of Guadaloupe
Radio Times
Route 66
Star of the Nile

Thanks

FAQ List - FAQ List - FAQ List cormaic United Kingdom 2 06-11-2003 05:37 PM
wish list was Burgundy Iceberg Kirra Roses 3 09-04-2003 01:56 PM
My garden plant list animaux Gardening 0 04-02-2003 04:22 PM
finch list [email protected] Gardening 1 03-02-2003 03:35 AM
finch list [email protected] Ponds 0 30-01-2003 10:18 PM