Old 19-03-2004, 02:50 PM
MT girl

Default First buds

I'm not happy. I am really anxious for spring now.

"dave weil" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:18:37 GMT, "MT girl"
wrote:

I have a fresh blanket of about 6 inches of snow covering my rose bush.

Actually I'm jealous. No snow to speak of this year. Ironically we
were too far north, as an hour south of us got 8 inches (which isn't
all that common round these parts either...) We got some little flakes
blowing around in the air.

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. We live in an area that
has had early spring snowfalls before.

Old 19-03-2004, 02:57 PM
dave weil

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:12:26 GMT, "MT girl"
wrote:

I'm not happy. I am really anxious for spring now.

Oh well. Sorry.

Old 19-03-2004, 02:59 PM
dave weil

Old 19-03-2004, 11:02 PM
Hamp

wrote:

I'm not happy. I am really anxious for spring now.

Oh well. Sorry.

Just noticed my first blooms in the garden, Old Blush (standard).
Have buds on Arch Duke Charles, Carefree Beauty, Mutabilis, and
Cecile Brunner. Spring fever is running rampant here down south (on
the zone 7-8 line)
Hamp

Old 21-03-2004, 05:42 AM
farmgal

I guess we Northern Californians won't gloat (too much) over our early
flowers (So Cal doesn't count; they have blooms all year)

---

Old 21-03-2004, 09:02 AM
Sandy

No rosebuds or even rose leaves(!) here yet. Just snow and some crocuses
in Eastern Pa. Sandy

Old 21-03-2004, 03:47 PM
Gail Futoran

"Sandy" wrote in message
No rosebuds or even rose leaves(!) here yet. Just snow

and some crocuses
in Eastern Pa. Sandy

I live near San Antonio TX (Zone 8). The moderns
are all leafed out but only some of the old garden
roses have blooms - Noisettes like Crepuscule and
my oldest Ferdinand Pichard (Hybrid Perpetual) - and
one of the climbers (Don Juan) has a lone bloom.
I have an Angel Face small standard potted on the
front porch and that bloomed a month ago but it's
in a protected (warmer) area.

Gail

Old 22-03-2004, 05:37 PM
dave weil

wrote:

I'm not happy. I am really anxious for spring now.

Oh well. Sorry.

And of course, here in Nashville, we might not have snow, but it's
going to be sub-freezing for the second night in a row. Tonight, it's
going to be 26 degrees. Glad I planted those later-blooming narcissi.
They've just now started throwing up bloom stalks and they aren't open
yet. It's going to be sad looking at all of the drooping
currently-blooming beautiful narcissi in the next day or two, but
that's just part of living in Nashville, I suppose.

Right now it's 38 degrees outside.

One good thing about the deeper frosts at this time of the year -
usually they only hit those lows for a short period of time right at
dawn, instead of being that cold for hours at a time.

Old 24-03-2004, 05:39 PM
Theo

Yesterday I walked around to the south side after a week
and found Lavender Lassie all busting out in greenery.

Alba meidiland, Alexander Mac & Cecile B are busting out too.

This is the earliest I have seem them greening out. I will probably
get blooms in April from this lot.

--
Theo

in KC Z5

"dave weil" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 11:55:54 -0500, "Mark. Gooley"
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote
[...] Yesterday, I laid down all of my feedings,
with the exception of alfalfa meal, which I don't have on hand.
Epson salts, blood and bone meal and Osmocote went down [...]

Yeah, those Epson salts always make a good impression.
They really imprint the roses with good health.

Mark., sorry, couldn't resist that typo

You had to hew it, didn't ya?

Old 03-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Registered User

We may not have snow, but it will be points in the second freezing night in a row. Tonight, it will be 26 degrees. I'm glad I planted those later - daffodils in full bloom. now they just started vomiting and flowering stems and they do not open however.
Pond Supplies

Honeysuckle buds - honeysuckle buds.JPG (1/1) Amos Nomore Garden Photos 1 28-12-2018 04:57 AM
Buds! Buds! NTANTIQUES Roses 21 03-02-2011 05:48 PM
Buds - Buds.jpg Dave Fouchey Garden Photos 4 31-07-2007 03:33 AM
First buds dave weil Roses 0 18-03-2004 05:19 AM
First buds dave weil Roses 0 18-03-2004 12:59 AM