Old 03-02-2003, 07:38 PM
A Stafford

Default Indoor Miniature Roses

How can I recover a miniature rose that the leaves have all fallen off?
Old 03-02-2003, 07:51 PM
Shiva

A Stafford wrote:

How can I recover a miniature rose that the leaves have all fallen off?

Take it outside and plant it. Roses are not indoor plants. The people who
sell those minis expect you to enjoy the blooms, then throw it away when
it dies, as roses invariably do when kept indoors.

Ground frozen? Then put the potted mini in the brightest room of the
house, keep it moist, and plant it when you can. One very important thing
is to NEVER let this or any rose SIT in water. Put the pot in the sink and
run water through once a week. When it has drained thoroughly you may move
it back to the window. It will keep looking bad but will stay alive. In
the spring, plant it in full sun (6 hours or more) in a roomy hole full of
rich soil that DRAINS within a hour few hours or so when you fill it with
water. Your mini is an "ownroot," and ought to delight you for years to
come. Good luck.

Old 06-02-2003, 10:06 PM
Theo Asir

If you kept it near a window sill, it may be taking
a cue from the light levels and tempreture and going
dormant.

See If the canes look healthy green and waxy. If it
is going dormant help it by stripping all the leaves
keeping it cool with a just moist pot and no fertilizer
(Don't Let it go dry!!!!). also let it sync it self with
natural light.

When it warms up and sunlight returns
it will start leafing out and you can resume
normal care.

Some of my miniatures do this but many do not.
Kinda wierd.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

"A Stafford" wrote in message
om...
How can I recover a miniature rose that the leaves have all fallen off?

potted miniature roses Dick E. Roses 6 23-03-2011 12:09 AM
You're invited to my new Yahoo Group, "Fragrant Miniature Roses" Dan Gannon Roses 102 03-02-2011 05:45 PM
Winterizing Container Miniature Roses? SCiani Roses 0 26-09-2003 02:14 AM
Miniature Roses quest Linda Roses 0 05-05-2003 05:56 AM
Good Lavender Miniature Roses Rose rescue Radika Kesavan Roses 7 24-03-2003 10:08 PM