Old 06-04-2004, 08:19 PM
ben boorman

Default Hello..Can anyone tell me if you can treat a cut rose with a

If the cutting is too large for the baggy method, use a larger, clear,
plastic bag and put the pot in it, add a stick to keep the bag upright
and tie the bag off at the top of the stick......

ben

Snooze wrote:

"Jeffrey A." wrote in message

hormone like rutone or similar,and grow a rose bush from it?? thanks in
advance j

Depends on what kind of cut rose, if you mean from a flower shop, probably
not. If you mean one you got from your yard. Try these directions

http://www.rdrop.com/~paul/hulse.html

I tried it a while ago with no luck, but I think I did something wrong.

Sameer

Old 06-04-2004, 08:20 PM
mike bush

Yes... I believe you can find directions for propogateing from cuttings
on the A.R.S. web site... Be aware that it is against copywrite law to
propagate a copy protected rose till the copywrite has expired 25 years?
I think? That said growing from cuttings is the way to propogate roses.
take care
Mike
Oakland
zone 10?
sunset 17

Old 08-04-2004, 03:03 AM
Rez

In article k.net, ben boorman wrote:
If the cutting is too large for the baggy method, use a larger, clear,
plastic bag and put the pot in it, add a stick to keep the bag upright
and tie the bag off at the top of the stick......

Tell me if I'm insane, but how about a plastic bucket with a sheet of
clear plastic over it to keep moisture in?

~REZ~