GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   too many buds? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/57759-too-many-buds.html)

John 06-04-2004 08:22 PM

too many buds?

Hey everyone,
I have a hybrid T called sterling silver that has multiple buds on one stem.
Should I keep all of the buds or prune a few off?

--
"Cheap work isn't good and good work isn't cheap"
-

ben boorman 06-04-2004 08:22 PM

too many buds?

depends on what you want it to do. Usually the top bud in a spray slows
the others down, so you may wish to nip off that top bud, unless it's
too developed.

If you want a single stem rose, then nip off the other buds, but for
garden display, leave 'em alone. Nip each flower as it starts to lose
it's pedals.

ben