Old 08-02-2003, 01:34 AM
Paul Mccollum

Default Hortico

Has anyone had experience with this company? What do you think of them?
I ordered several roses from them and I not pleased. I'm wondering if I
am the exception or are they a company to stay away from? I ordered
from them originally because they had a great selection. Any comments
would be appreciated.

Paul (zone 9 CA)
Old 08-02-2003, 05:43 PM
joe

i had NOthing but trouble with them verry few roses did well
and many were mis marked

Old 08-02-2003, 08:25 PM
Bob Bauer

Paul Mccollum noticed:

Has anyone had experience with this company? What do you think of them?
I ordered several roses from them and I not pleased.

A long long time ago in a rose field far far away, Hortico nursery was
born, at some point along the their rocky way they decided to not
give a shit..... grin

Hortico is NOTORIOUS for sending the wrong varieties and sometimes
having poor plants and sometimes even dead plants shipped.

Virtually all long time rose mail ordering rose people have learned
their lesson about Hortico. The trouble is, you end up having to
order from them now and then, because they are the only source for
certain roses.

A much much more reliable Canadian grower is Pickering Nurseries Ltd.
Almost all mail order rose folks buy from them on a regular basis.

The great thing about Canadian growers is that you will be more
likely to get roses that don't show up very often in the US market.
Roses from Harkness and Dickson especially.

So, to sum up forget Hortico, order from Pickering.

The end.

Bob Bauer
Zone 6 in Salt Lake City