Old 08-04-2004, 03:02 PM
cristina

Default Disease identification

Do anyone knows what kind of disease this is?

The younger leafs fall down on touching and they have this strange design....

http://www.geocities.com/artyard/pia.../malattia1.jpg

Old 08-04-2004, 04:32 PM
cristina

cristina wrote:

Do anyone knows what kind of disease this is?

The younger leafs fall down on touching and they have this strange
design....

http://www.geocities.com/artyard/pia.../malattia1.jpg

I have added two closeups:

http://www.geocities.com/artyard/pia...alatclose1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/artyard/pia...alatclose2.jpg

Old 08-04-2004, 06:33 PM
Shiva

cristina wrote:

Do anyone knows what kind of disease this is?

The younger leafs fall down on touching and they have this strange design....

http://www.geocities.com/artyard/pia.../malattia1.jpg

This looks to me like overwatering or the results of
extremes of temps or dryness and watering, if that makes
sense. My stressed plants do this, such as roses that
are in too-small pots that overdry then get drenched.

Some may say Rose Mosaic Virus, but I don't think so.
If it is, there is nothing you can do, and besides
it will not kill your plant, it just makes them
underperform. It is bred in, nothing you can do.

Try watering your plants more consistently
and making sure they are fed regularly. Or
do tell us more about your cultivation
practices. This does not look like mites
or insect damage to me, anyway.

Old 08-04-2004, 07:03 PM
Shiva

cristina wrote:

I have added two closeups:

http://www.geocities.com/artyard/pia...alatclose1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/artyard/pia...alatclose2.jpg

Hmm, on the second one I see black around the main
vein that looks like it might be fungal disease. Do
you have an anti-fungal spray routine?

Old 08-04-2004, 07:04 PM
dave weil

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 12:30:17 -0400 (EDT), "Shiva"
wrote:

cristina wrote:

Do anyone knows what kind of disease this is?

The younger leafs fall down on touching and they have this strange design....

http://www.geocities.com/artyard/pia.../malattia1.jpg

This looks to me like overwatering or the results of
extremes of temps or dryness and watering, if that makes
sense. My stressed plants do this, such as roses that
are in too-small pots that overdry then get drenched.

Some may say Rose Mosaic Virus, but I don't think so.
If it is, there is nothing you can do, and besides
it will not kill your plant, it just makes them
underperform. It is bred in, nothing you can do.

Try watering your plants more consistently
and making sure they are fed regularly. Or
do tell us more about your cultivation
practices. This does not look like mites
or insect damage to me, anyway.

It sort of looked like cold damage to me. Perhaps a late cold snap
like we got here in zone 6b might have made them protest a little.

Old 09-04-2004, 05:02 AM
Sunflower

"cristina" wrote in message
Do anyone knows what kind of disease this is?

The younger leafs fall down on touching and they have this strange

design....

http://www.geocities.com/artyard/pia.../malattia1.jpg

That looks a whole lot like downy mildew, a VERY serious fungal problem. It
spreads like wildfire and is very difficult to eradicate. The chemicals that
control it are very expensive to buy (check out SubdueMaxx at
www.rosemania.com) Your best bet is to radically cut off all of the new
growth you can and bag it up and throw it away. Copper fungicides have some
reported effictiveness, but I wouldn't bet on them totally eradicating it.
It hides in the leaf axils, just waiting on the temperatures to be correct
to spring forth again. Many rosarians who can't afford the high priced
chemicals will cut a rose to the ground in order to try to elimate it from
their gardens. It can kill whole rose gardens left unchecked.

Sunflower
MS 7b

Old 09-04-2004, 05:08 PM
Theo

I concur. It looks just like
downy Mildew. Before you take r
adical action check to see if
you have purple/darb splotches or
leasion on the main rose canes. If
does then you can be sure it
is Downey.

This is one of those fungal diseases that
doesn't show it presence just its effects.

Best treatment is slash and burn.

--
Theo

in Kansas City Z5/Z6?

Old 09-04-2004, 07:02 PM
cristina

cristina wrote:

Do anyone knows what kind of disease this is?

The younger leafs fall down on touching and they have this strange
design....

http://www.geocities.com/artyard/pia.../malattia1.jpg

Thanks to all for the kind replies!

To reseme, in reply to your posts: the blue spots (I forgetted to say it,sorry) are from copper
treatment, actually it's possible that the plant is a littele overwatered, there are not purple/darb
splotches or leasion on the main rose canes...

HELP: Tomato Disease (Wilt disease?) vms North Carolina 4 18-07-2005 02:11 PM
Disease identification cristina Plant Science 5 16-04-2004 05:04 AM
Mad Cow Disease / Mad Deer Disease Jim Webster sci.agriculture 370 01-05-2003 11:44 AM
Arbutus disease? David D. Gardening 2 12-02-2003 02:55 AM
New thread. Mad Cow Disease / Mad Deer Disease Lotus sci.agriculture 1 31-12-2002 04:29 PM