Old 21-04-2004, 01:06 AM
PBerry

Default Rose Bush dying?

Hello :-)

I'm new to the groups here, really hoping someone can help. I have this
beautful rose bush, little by little all the branches are drying up, what
can I do to stop this. This has started over a year ago, I thought it would
go away or just a few branches would dry and it would stop. The plant get's
enough water, I think somethings wrong with the soil or it got sick, since a
plant next to it has similar symptoms. Since Spring has just sprung it's
noticable drier that it should be. Any suggestion would be very much
appreciated.

Thanks very much!

Old 21-04-2004, 02:03 AM
Gail Futoran

"PBerry" wrote in message
. net...
Hello :-)

I'm new to the groups here, really hoping someone can

help. I have this
beautful rose bush, little by little all the branches are

drying up, what
can I do to stop this. This has started over a year ago, I

thought it would
go away or just a few branches would dry and it would

stop. The plant get's
enough water, I think somethings wrong with the soil or it

got sick, since a
plant next to it has similar symptoms. Since Spring has

just sprung it's
noticable drier that it should be. Any suggestion would be

very much
appreciated.

Thanks very much!

Hard to tell from your description. Is there any
green left at all? If even one healthy cane is left,
it would be worth pruning out the dead canes
(sealing cuts w/ ordinary white glue). But with
both roses going the same route, you might be
right there's something in the soil. I had two
previously healthy minis go the same way; another
copy of the same mini at the other end of the same
bed is as healthy as a horse. ::shrug::

Here are some sites that might help you diagnose
the problem and attempt a cu
http://members.tripod.com/buggyrose/irosediseases.html
http://hometown.aol.com/ncscrose/IPM.html
http://www.ars.org/explore.cfm/diseases/

Meanwhile, you might have to accept that you're
going to have to replace the rose(s). I hate
giving up on any rose but have learned that
sometimes you don't have a choice. If you do
replace the rose(s), I would replace the soil, too.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

Old 21-04-2004, 02:04 AM
PBerry

Just to mention one of my concerns it that the water/soil PH level may be
too high, if so is there any treatment for plants? what steps should I take
to better the situation other than giving it lower PH water?

Thanks very much

Old 21-04-2004, 03:02 AM
PBerry

Hi Gail.

Thank you very much for the reply :-) You have some very helpfull tips and
advice.
I'll visit those sites you mentioned and see what I find.

There is very little green left, I would say more than half is dry. I was
just so hoping that the bush would blossom as beautifully as it does every
year. I had suspicions last year but decided to wait out the winter, and
hope it's not too late to nourish the plant back to health.

Old 21-04-2004, 04:03 PM
Theo

The suggestion of replace the soil around the
rose is a very good one.

If you need to lower the PH i.e. acidify the soil
Go to any nursery and ask for a chelated iron acidifying
supplement.

Use a mild fertilizer to feed.

Theo

. net...

Old 22-04-2004, 04:05 AM
ben boorman

what zone are you in (where you live?)

has it frozen lately?

what kind of rose?

Have you pruned it?

etc, etc....

PBerry wrote:
Hello :-)

I'm new to the groups here, really hoping someone can help. I have this
beautful rose bush, little by little all the branches are drying up, what
can I do to stop this. This has started over a year ago, I thought it would
go away or just a few branches would dry and it would stop. The plant get's
enough water, I think somethings wrong with the soil or it got sick, since a
plant next to it has similar symptoms. Since Spring has just sprung it's
noticable drier that it should be. Any suggestion would be very much
appreciated.

Thanks very much!

New Blackberry bush dying, what now? IPFreeley North Carolina 4 01-06-2006 03:35 PM
Rosemary bush dying (-: Mark Anderson Gardening 26 11-11-2004 06:30 PM
Help: Fish STILL dying (was "fish are dying" JGW Ponds 16 15-06-2004 01:06 AM
dying bush Abe Gardening 2 17-06-2003 02:56 AM
Is my lewisia dying back or actually dying! Lynda Thornton United Kingdom 2 23-10-2002 06:36 PM