Old 22-04-2004, 04:05 AM
Shiva

Default We Have Buds!

Major buddage here in Raleigh, NC. Don Juan has hundreds,
and almost seems to have grown over the winter!

All the roses I pruned more than usual are coming out a nice
shape with lots of good growth in the right places, so I am
thinking I should have been pruning more freely
all along. The leaders in blackspot a Lagerfeld, Gold Medal,
Margaret Merrill and Full Sail. All roses worth having for me
anyway. I've kept up with the every-ten-days spraying quite
well this year, and hope to continue to. The Austins are going
big guns, growing as climbers along a chain link with Penelope,
Paul Neyron, and New Dawn. However--New Dawn creeps! But it is
only in its second year.

Apologies to those whose posts to me I missed due to my
traveling and the lousy retention of my newreaders. Julie,
I saw some from you just before I had to leave the country
the last time, but now see them no more. Soon as I get
caught up I will visit Google land and see if I can
get them there.

I think it will be a good year for roses!!

Old 22-04-2004, 04:10 PM
Theo

Lavender Lassie won this years contest
(as she does every year) when she opened
about 20 blooms over last weekend. She now has
over a hundred open and has been joined
by Lady Hillingdon tea and Hermosa among others.

I have not seen an outbreak of Aphids yet this year
which is surprising.

Theo

"Shiva" wrote in message
news:aHlwYXRpYQ==.61f7e22c76d4b24ea6e20ba696e2e6ff @1082600576.nulluser.com..
..
[...]

Honeysuckle buds - honeysuckle buds.JPG (1/1) Amos Nomore Garden Photos 1 28-12-2018 03:57 AM
Buds! Buds! NTANTIQUES Roses 21 03-02-2011 04:48 PM
Buds - Buds.jpg Dave Fouchey Garden Photos 4 31-07-2007 02:33 AM
Why do chestnuts trees have sticky buds ? Mick United Kingdom 4 18-02-2004 10:40 PM
Why do chestnuts trees have sticky buds ? Mick United Kingdom 2 18-02-2004 10:33 PM