Old 25-04-2004, 12:02 AM
Helen

Default new spring growth died

A local nursery put in a rose bed for me 3/23 enriching the soil with
organic items such as kelp meal and Chesapeake Blue (composted crab shells).
I transplanted 12 hybrid tea roses into the bed. They seemed to be growing
normally then the new spring growth drooped and died. Most have leafed out
again, but others haven't, and look dead although they looked good and
bloomed last summer. Any ideas?

Old 28-04-2004, 04:06 PM
Theo

Helen,

What else did they put in your soil.

Roses like a slightly acidic soil. Maybe
yours is too alkaline?

Also they need to be watered.
They need to be fed. Fish emulsion is ideal.
And tender growth can not handle frost.

--
Theo

in Kansas City Z5/Z6?