Old 26-04-2004, 08:04 PM
Shiva

Default Mutabilis--First Flush

This really is the rose for those who think
they don't like singles. And for those who do
like singles and love clear "sherbety" colors
like raspberry and orange and peach.

And for those who like full, naturally
rounded bush shapes. And for those who
like roses that are always in bloom. And
for those who live in the swamps and don't
believe there are no fungus-resistant roses.
(It spots but only a little, and is so vigorous
one hardly notices.)

This is the rose with blooms that begin peach
and move to yellow and then pink. Each bloom.
Five petals on each.

It has scent too, mild but there.

Old 26-04-2004, 10:04 PM
Daniel Hanna

In 408d61a8$0$27796$afc38c87@ Henry wrote:
How hardy is this rose? I see it listed as Zone 7. I know there is
one at the National Arboretum in DC but they are slightly warmer than
I am. Has anyone grown this rose successfully in Zone 6a or further
north?

In theory Mutabalis is a China rose, which makes it possibly hardier
than tea-based varieties. It would be worth a try in Zone 6.
Old 27-04-2004, 02:04 PM
J. Del Col

Daniel Hanna wrote in message shome.com.au...
In 408d61a8$0$27796$afc38c87@ Henry wrote:
How hardy is this rose? I see it listed as Zone 7. I know there is
one at the National Arboretum in DC but they are slightly warmer than
I am. Has anyone grown this rose successfully in Zone 6a or further
north?

In theory Mutabalis is a China rose, which makes it possibly hardier
than tea-based varieties. It would be worth a try in Zone 6.

Not really.

I've tried it several times with winter protection here in Philippi, WV USDA 6.

It never survived a winter.

J. Del Col
Old 28-04-2004, 02:07 AM
JimS.

"Shiva" wrote in message
news:aHlwYXRpYQ==.6d6a39f9e29ed55568097692772ae30f @1083003004.nulluser.com...
This really is the rose for those who think
they don't like singles. And for those who do
like singles and love clear "sherbety" colors
like raspberry and orange and peach.

And for those who like full, naturally
rounded bush shapes. And for those who
like roses that are always in bloom. And
for those who live in the swamps and don't
believe there are no fungus-resistant roses.
(It spots but only a little, and is so vigorous
one hardly notices.)

This is the rose with blooms that begin peach
and move to yellow and then pink. Each bloom.
Five petals on each.

It has scent too, mild but there.

Shiva,
Tried to email you directly several times, it keeps bouncing back.
email me

JimS
Seattle

Old 29-04-2004, 07:03 PM
Shiva

JimS. wrote:

Shiva,

Tried to email you directly several times, it keeps bouncing back.
email me

Jim, I will tonight when I get home. But in the mean
time if you resend it should come through--I turned off
Gielda's fancy filters. They worked so well nothing
got through! Back to the drawing board on that one!

Tarwi - Pearl Lupine - Lupinus mutabilis briancady413 Permaculture 1 18-12-2004 05:11 PM
Seek Lupinus mutabilis Nitrogen Fixation Measurements briancady413 Plant Science 0 18-02-2004 07:34 PM
Seek Lupinus mutabilis Nitrogen Fixation Measurements briancady413 Plant Science 0 18-02-2004 07:26 PM
Deadheading Mutabilis! Shiva Roses 7 28-06-2003 12:56 AM
Spring Flush in Connecticut June 11,2003 Zack Lau Roses 4 12-06-2003 01:20 PM