Old 27-04-2004, 03:03 AM
Zemmy!!

Default Books About Roses

Can anyone give me a recommendation on a book for newbies? Something like a
"Roses for Dummies"

Thanks
Brian

Old 27-04-2004, 04:03 PM
J. Del Col

"Zemmy!!" wrote in message ...
Can anyone give me a recommendation on a book for newbies? Something like a
"Roses for Dummies"

IIRC, there -is- a "Roses for Dummies."

The Ortho book about roses is a very good basic text.

J. Del Col
Old 27-04-2004, 06:08 PM
Patrick Scheible

"Zemmy!!" writes:

Can anyone give me a recommendation on a book for newbies? Something like a
"Roses for Dummies"

How about "Roses for Dummies"?
by Lance Walheim
ISBN 0764552023

-- Patrick
Old 27-04-2004, 08:09 PM
Gail Futoran

"Zemmy!!" wrote in message
Can anyone give me a recommendation on a book for newbies?

Something like a
"Roses for Dummies"

Thanks
Brian

I agree with the other recommendations. If I
were you I would go to a bookstore, to the garden
section, look over the books and buy one (or more)
that you personally find useful (you like the
illustrations or the text or whatever) at a price you
like. I started with the basic Sunset and Ortho
books and they worked fine for me - until I got up
to 150 roses then I got more rose books.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

Old 10-05-2004, 05:06 AM
DXer

Its best to do a search using your local libraries web page, there are a lot
of books.
Here are two here that I just got the other day.
"Rose Basics" by Amanda Beales"

"The Rose Bible" by Rayford Clayton Reddell.

Craig