GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   epsom salts victory (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/60101-epsom-salts-victory.html)

ed 28-04-2004 02:07 AM

epsom salts victory

A combination of epsom salts, cotton seed meal, and alfalfa seed meal helped
several of my "almost gone" roses come back to life. Amazing....simply
amazing to see new growth spring out of something appearing to be dead. They
were going to the trash heap....and now they are thriving!
YYYYYYiiiiiiiiiiiiiipppppppppeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

ed

Gail Futoran 28-04-2004 08:04 AM

epsom salts victory

"ed" wrote in message
. com...
A combination of epsom salts, cotton seed meal, and

alfalfa seed meal helped
several of my "almost gone" roses come back to life.

Amazing....simply
amazing to see new growth spring out of something

appearing to be dead. They
were going to the trash heap....and now they are thriving!
YYYYYYiiiiiiiiiiiiiipppppppppeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

ed

That's very cool! Sounds like your soil needed
a boost. I do alfalfa tea & fish emulsion twice
yearly and monthly seaweed sprays (during growing
season), otherwise I'm pretty casual about feeding
the roses, but they seem to do ok, and I'm guessing
it's because the soil is getting fed.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8