GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Well, NOW I've done it.... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/60881-well-now-ive-done.html)

Gary J. Toth 08-05-2004 08:03 PM

Well, NOW I've done it....

Being new to roses, I've gone and over-pruned my Don Juan. I mean I
really butchered it! It's alive but God knows how. I've got it in
the planted to cover the union bud in some really good potting soil
and added about a 1/2 cup of epson salts. Is there any hope? There
is one good cane and one that looks like it MIGHT survive.

I know... SMACK SMACK SMACK ... baaaaaaaaaaaad boy!

Snooze 09-05-2004 08:02 AM

Well, NOW I've done it....

"ben boorman" wrote in message
Unless you actually prune off the bud union there is no such thing as
"too much".

If you're pruning off the bud union, you're doing some really aggressive
pruning. Try the trademarked Shovel Prune Method (tm)

Snooze

Gary J. Toth 10-05-2004 03:04 PM

Well, NOW I've done it....

"Snooze" wrote in message ...
"ben boorman" wrote in message
Unless you actually prune off the bud union there is no such thing as
"too much".

If you're pruning off the bud union, you're doing some really aggressive
pruning. Try the trademarked Shovel Prune Method (tm)

Snooze

Geeezzz... after rereading my original post, I feel like a real dolt!
Of course I KNOW it's bud union (not union bud) and Epson is a
printer... not salts...

Please pardon the momentary lapse of any sort of intelligence. :)

Rez 11-05-2004 09:05 AM

Well, NOW I've done it....

In article , (Gary J. Toth) wrote:
Geeezzz... after rereading my original post, I feel like a real dolt!
Of course I KNOW it's bud union (not union bud) and Epson is a
printer... not salts...

Please pardon the momentary lapse of any sort of intelligence. :)

Best laugh of the day! g

~REZ~